Chapter 1

- History-

"The reason why we can't let go of someone is because deep inside we still have hope."

Something that likely resonates with most past or present directioners. We stay put because we truly believe that one day, our patience will be awarded with the return of the boys. Those who refer to the One Direction split as a 'break up' lost patience because they lost hope. 'What's the point of waiting and aching for something that will never happen?' is probably their thoughts. However, life goes on. So what? A band that had once plagued my walls and iTunes are now separated to do their own thing. Sure, it sucked when it happened but, what else can I do other than wait silently alongside many other fans? It likely took the first year of the hiatus for my crazy-fangirl/fanboy-obsession to calm down. The second year, their songs still played in my playlist and I still hoped for their return but at this stage, I had other things to worry about. The third year arrived and my boyband phase seemed to have become only a past 'trend' replaced by butts, money and controversy. By the fourth year, I still liked the boys but I hadn't stressed my mind or twitter out about their 'inevitable' reunion. If it happens, it happens, if not... it was fun while it lasted. They grow up as individuals, you grow up as yourself, and before you know it, the obsession no longer lingers. As my posters go down, my age goes up. Now, my insane 1D fangirl/fanboy phase is history. All the bubbling volcano of emotions calmed to a flowing river.

Then when something ends up triggering that history, you go back and look through all that you did in the past. It brings back the flood of your passion and emotion that was going on during that time. Despite the feeling that you thought you had moved on from, you realise, you never abandoned or forgot anything. You just grew up. And you just wish you could go back.

The nostalgia of going back and listening to each song makes you feel calm. Listening to each song title potentially indicating the start of a new chapter in your life...

{---}

"If I wanted to add extra stress into my life, I would've just subscribed to a Global Warming newsletter! I've put all this effort into making sure that each criteria was met and there were no errors in this presentation, but Sienna? She went ahead and changed the whole formatting and description without telling anyone?" I rant into my phone. There always just has to be that one person in each group project, doesn't there?

I stop in my tracks at the stoplight to avoid getting hit by a car. Blurred blobs zoom through my vision. The bustling city environment surrounding me isn't especially special or exciting. People of all variations scatter the footpaths creating the muffled chatter of conversation. The puffing and jittering of busses, and nearby construction cut through the talk of people, adding the element of productivity and a somewhat chaotic atmosphere. It was wishful thinking of me to believe I'd miss the afternoon rush. I pay no attention to details as I focus towards the building straight ahead of my path. I wait patiently for the traffic lights to switch while I listen to the reassuring affirmations from my partner on the phone.

"Yeah... I know, thanks. I texted the group saying I'd be too busy today to check any final edits on the presentation before tomorrow. It should be alright as long as Sienna sticks to her content." The light switches allowing me and a flood of others to cross the road.
"Thanks for listening to me, how was- Oh, okay. Call me if you need anything, alright? Enjoy the rest of your holiday. I'll be there to pick you up from the airport. Bye, love yo-" The phone call ends before I reach the opposite end of the road. I slide my phone into my pocket as I stride my way towards the concert hall ahead of me. It's my first day, not on the job, I'm more of an... intern? That's not quite the word for it... well, actually. Let's just go with intern for now.