Whoops

Optional Mood Music- "Rather Be" - Clean Bandit (Cover by Jasmine Thompson)

As they walked down the street towards the park, light breeze ruffling her bubble-gum pink hair and making her flowy white dress tickle her legs, Nana felt as though she was glowing. The sun was shining, and her hand was intertwined with her boyfriend's, his freckled hands almost twice the size of her own. Every now and then, out of the corner of her eyes, she could see him look at her and smile gently, almost giddily. They'd been together for weeks and he still acted as though he couldn't believe they were together. She felt so lucky to have someone care for her so much, to care for her as much as she did him.

"We chose a good day to go out, huh?" he said, his deep voice soothing to her ears.

"Mmhm! the sun is so nice and waaaarm~" she smiled up at him and she saw that blush that she so adored creep up his porcelain face. She squeezed his hand gently and he squeezed hers back.

They briefly stopped at a bakery and bought some fresh food for their lunch (and some cupcakes, of course) before reaching the park. As it was so nice outside, there were some other people picnicking there already, some young kids playing on the playground. There was a nice spot in the shade of a large oak tree a little way away from the other park-goers where the two of them set up their picnic rug (a pastel pink one with white checkers that Nana had picked out) and the food.

The two of them sat down and ate, chatting about almost anything. Kawaii~Chan recounted a funny incident she'd had with Katelyn that morning involving her coffee and some hot-sauce that left Zane in fits of giggles, nearly making Nana choke on her bagel in laughter.
They cloud-gazed for a bit, which was something Nana had always wanted to do but had never asked to do because she worried it was too cheesy, but Zane, upon hearing her mention this, insisted that they do it right there and then which was so sweet Nana nearly had one of her famous fan-girl meltdowns.

"You've really changed, Zane" Nana said, breaking the comfortable silence that filled the air around the two as they lay on the blanket, side by side, looking at the clouds.

"Yeah...? How so?"

"Remember when I first met you? Back in high school?" she recalled "You pulled my tail and teased me because of my bows"

Zane, surprisingly, blushed a deep red "...In my high, nasally voice. Oh Irene..." Kawaii~Chan giggled.

"You know why I did that right?" he looked at her, face right next to her own. "Why I picked on you?"

"No...?"

"Because I thought you were cute, and it pissed me off" he chuckled "I was supposed to be..." he paused before continuing in a mock impression of his pre-pubescent voice "cool and dark and angsty"

He huffed in laughter before his voice turned soft.

"But there I was, crushing very hard on you in all your cuteness and your bows and baking... so, being the complete dumbass that I was... no I am- I took it out on you"

"Zane... that's... Oddly sweet? Like, it made me sad obviously because I didn't understand why I was being targeted but, to hear now, that that's why you did those things, I'm sure past me would have been overjoyed"

"Well, I'm sorry anyway, you didn't deserve that kind of treatment" he leaned his head gently into hers

"Seeee~! This is what I was trying to say!" she giggled "You've changed, you've grown! And I'm not just talking about that voice change, though thank goodness Katelyn hit you with that volleyball..."