Galaxy

Optional mood music: "walk but in a garden" - Llusion

heres a little oneshot to keep the zanechan shippers satisfied while i finish off the next chapter of 'who are you' <3

fyi, this is set during junior or senior year of highschool, im not sure i established that properly in the story so i'm just letting you know :DD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was on the floor, lying face up scrolling through his phone. She was on the bed, reading some of his manga. People always asked her what kinds of dumb rebellious stunts she was supposedly pressured into by her best friend. She usually just rolled her eyes. Zane didn't exactly have a great reputation but it was entirely inaccurate.

People thought he was violent and unpredictable, thought maybe he was blackmailing her, abusing her. Those accusations made her laugh every time.

She doubted they'd think those things if they'd walked home to watch Sailor Moon with him, only to have to stop every 5 minutes so he could gently, enthusiastically pat every cat he came across. They probably wouldn't steer clear of him like they all do in the school hallways if they'd seen the way he always cried like a baby over the deaths of his favourite fictional characters, or the way he watched with enthusiasm as she taught him to bake, wearing one of her pink frilly aprons and jumping at the sudden whir of the electric mixer. She knew they wouldn't throw him those dirty looks all the time if they'd seen how readily he came to her aid, how often he checked in on her, bought her lunch for no good reason, hyped up her outfits, was always there for her every moment of the day and night.

She seriously doubted that they'd have a single reason to dislike him after they saw his real, genuine, laugh. The way his eyebrows would pull up in the middle and his shoulders would shake, mouth wide open and eyes closed, a good, booming laugh exploding out of him that warmed her to the core.

He was on the floor, and she was on the bed. He sighed and dropped his phone next to him, closing his eyes. She looked up and was instantly reminded of snow white with the pose and his pale, pale skin. Stifling a giggle she put down her book, dragged on of the doonas of his bed, wrapped herself up in it and lay down next to him. He opened his eye and looked at her, eyebrow raised. She pulled a face and he just smiled, shaking his head slightly before closing his eyes again.

 She pulled a face and he just smiled, shaking his head slightly before closing his eyes again

She studied him, taking the chance to see his face this up close. Her eyes fell over his fluffy black hair that she was always messing with (he always acted like this annoyed him, but she snuck glances of his face sometimes when she did it and he looked so happy it made her want to giggle) and stopped her gaze and his immaculate, porcelain skin.

Her eyes narrowed.

"Hold on..." she frowned and pulled one arm out of her blanket burrito. He turned to look at her just as she wiped a finger down his face, recoiling in shock. She studied the patch of foundation on her finger then looked back at his face to where a visible mark where she'd swiped her finger.