Chapter 33: Fighting and Reuniting

Marriya's PoV

I walk across the church lawn, desperate for air. The funerals are over, and I'm done crying. I need to move on, and the sadness in that building is suffocating me.
My phone sounds from in my bag, alerting me of an Instagram notification.

"Rossr5: She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home ❤️ #besideyou"

I can't help but smile as I see his left hand forming half of a heart, the busy nighttime streets of Paris prominent behind it.
Holding out my right hand in the shape of a half heart, I snap a picture with the sun poking through the trees as a background.

"Marriya_ratliff: We both fall asleep underneath the same sky, to the beat of our hearts at the same time ❤️ #besideyou"

After I hit post, I call Ryland.
"Hello?" His groggy voice answers.
"Hey, Ry. It's Mar."
"You're all set, Girl. I can't wait to see you."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Ratliff's PoV

I pace impatiently around the room, not sure of what to do with myself. My sister is in so much pain and I can't be there to comfort her, and R5 is over. The last five years of my life, all for nothing. I did gain a lot, but this was only the beginning. We could have gone all the way. We could have made it. Now we won't even get the chance.
I am jarred from my thoughts as Rydel pushes open the door to our room.
"Oh, are you finally off the phone with Jordan?" I ask, placing a rude emphasis on finally.
"Yeah, Ratliff. What's it to you anyway?" Rydel asks.
"Cause I freaking hate him, Rydel, that what," I retort.
"He's my boyfriend and he's not going anywhere, so you're just going to have to get over it," she snaps.
"He's no good for you or this band," I spit.
"Well, Ellington, that isn't up for you to decide."
"Rydel, listen to me-"
"No, Ratliff, you listen to me! I love Jordan and that's all that matters. You can do everyone a favour by taking your horrible attitude and shoving it up your ass because we don't need it here!"
"You're ruining your life, Rydel!" I scream. "I care about you so much, and I won't stand for you giving up everything you've worked for!"
"You don't have to stand, Ell. There's a chair right there," she seethes.
"You're freaking pregnant, Rydel! You're 21 fricking years old and are carrying the baby of a no good stoner who isn't going to stick around!"
"He loves me and he will stay!" She cries.
"Stop kidding yourself! He will be out the door by the time that baby comes along at the latest! You threw your life away for nothing!"
"What do you know about love, Ratliff?"
"Enough to know that what you two have isn't love," I reply quietly.
"To think it was you of all people I thought would support me the most," she says softly. "I guess that's just one more thing I was wrong about, hey Ell?"
"Rydel-"
"Save your breath, Ellington. I mean, not that I'd really care if you ran out of it."
"Delly, please-"
"Don't call me that," she orders. "Don't call me anything. Since my life is so screwed up because of my decisions, I'm sure you'll be happy to know you're no longer welcome to be a part of it."
Without another word, she stomps out of my room and slams the door behind herself.
Immediately after, I hear crying. My brain is so messed up right now that I can't even tell if it's her or me that's crying harder.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Marriya's PoV

My heart beats so hard it threatens to break through my chest as I approach the venue, the hood of my sweater concealing my face from all the fans I am slowly maneuvering through. I slip past the crowd of people waiting to get in, making my way to the performers entrance. Once face to face with it, I knock softly.
Immediately, the door swings open to reveal a grinning Ryland.
"Marriya," he murmurs, pulling me into a hug. "I missed you so much!"
"I missed you too, Ry," I reply, my face still pressed tightly against his chest.
"Seriously, Mar, never leave again. It hasn't been as fun without you here causing mischief with me while the band is busy."
"Fear not, my friend! I have a month worth of causing trouble to make up, and I'll need your help!" I laugh, following him through the door and into the building.
"Thanks again for helping me get here," I say.
"It was no problem at all. Things have been pretty crazy over here, and it will be so much better for everyone now that you're back."
"Yeah, I heard. I was on the phone with Delly all last night. I still can't believe Ratliff did that."
"We're all hoping you can talk some sense into him," Ryland comments. "Either that or we're gonna have to take Rocky up on his offer to slap some sense into him."
"Let me talk to him first," I decide.
"Sounds good."
Ryland leads me around a corner, and the meet and greet line comes into view. My eyes follow it up the stairs to find Riker, Ratliff, Rocky, Rydel, and Ross posing for pictures. Person after person, the band continues smiling for pictures. Some are crazy, others are normal, but it's easy to see everyone is having fun.
When there is only about four people left, I sneak out with Ryland to the merchandise table. Ross is so close, but I force myself to keep my head turned away.
"Hey, Ry," Riker calls down. "We need to start soundcheck."
"Come for your picture, Babe," Rocky adds.
Ryland stands off to the side; iPhone in hand. It emits a sound, letting him know his camera is recording.
Unable to wait a second longer, I pull my hood down and turn around.
"Babe? Really, Rocky?" I laugh.
Rocky's face is taken over by a wide grin, but it's not his face I care about.
"Marriya!" Ross cries.
He takes the stairs three at a time, reaching the bottom in seconds. I run towards him, my body colliding with his almost instantly. He lifts my off the ground, spinning me in a circle before setting me down.
"Words can't even describe how much I missed you," he murmurs.
"I missed you too," I whisper back.
Before another second can pass, Ross presses his lips to mine.
We break apart immediately as Rocky's wolf whistle echoes through the empty room.
Ross flips his brother off before wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me tight to his body.
An aura of excitement seeps from the crowd, every person erupting in screams and shouts as Rocky, Rydel, Riker, and Ratliff walk up the stairs into sight.
"I'm going to go wait with Ryland," I whisper.
"No," he replies. "I want you here with me."
"Ross, your fans all hate me. I don't want-"
"Mar, I don't care. I want you here with me, and that's all that matters."
Before I can respond, he tightens his grip on me as we climb the last step.
Turning to Ross, I shoot him the coldest glare I can muster. He shrugs his shoulders, shooting me an innocent smile.
He leans in for a kiss, but I press the palm of my hand against his lips instead. I pull away from his body only to be encircled in a bear hug by Ellington.
"You should get back to your meet and greet," I murmur.
"You're more important, and I really need you right now," he replies, his voice sounding like he is on the verge of tears.
"We'll talk later."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"Okay guys!" Ross says into his mic. "This is our last song! It's a new one that we just finished, and I hope you all love it."
"It's dedicated to my beautiful sister," Ratliff adds.
"Because of her," Ross calls. "Things are looking up!"

You were a business, I was a start up
You were like high speed, I was on dial up
I needed caffeine, you were a Starbucks
A Starbucks
(A double-shot)

You were a record, I was a remix
You were the sunshine, I was a rain check
You needed time but you were my Rolex
My Rolex (my Rolex)

I couldn't get it right
'Til you opened up my eyes
You turn my whole world upside down (two, three, four)

Things are lookin' up
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up
Even when I'm down
Had about enough
Lookin' at the ground
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up

You were a diamond, I was a coal mine
You were a free-way, I was a stop sign
I was a pay check, you're like a gold mine, a gold mine (the money honey)

I couldn't get it right
'Til you opened up my eyes
You turned my whole world upside down (two, three, four)

Things are lookin' up
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up
Even when I'm down
Had about enough
Lookin' at the ground
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up

[2x]
I've been up and I've been down
Girl you make my world go 'round
There's nothin' like the high I found
Things are lookin' up

I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up
Even when I'm down
Had about enough
Lookin' at the ground
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin'

Things are lookin' up
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up
Even when I'm down
Had about enough
Lookin' at the ground
I couldn't find a star in the sky
But now that I found us
Things are lookin' up

.

Ross and I aren't able to spend another minute alone until we're back at the hotel. He takes my hand and leads me out onto the balcony. The stars shine bright in the sky, but nothing compares to the glowing lights coming from the Eiffel Tower.
"I loved the song," I whisper.
"I meant every word of it."
"So, what did you need to tell me?" I ask. "We kept getting cut off before."
His eyes glaze over as he stares out into the distance. It's obvious he is deep in thought.
"Ross," I murmur, touching my fingers lighting against his cheek.
Whipping his head around, his eyes finally meet mine. He closes the distance between us in a single stride, taking my body in his arms.
"How did I get so lucky?"
"I ask myself that every day," I reply.
Wrapping my arms around his neck, I stand on my toes to press a kiss to his lips. Immediately he deepens the kiss, tightening his grip on my waist. Running my fingers through the hair on the back of his head, I pull gently.
He soon pulls away gently, resting his forehead against mine.
"I love you, Marriya," he whispers.
"I love you too, Ross."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

So the gang has been reunited at last! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please vote and leave me a comment!
I didn't get time to edit this very well, so I apologize for any mistakes.

I love you guys!

~Hannah xxx