a nightmare awaits

Zoya's face got instantly red as she looked down at the kitchen tiles. She gulped at the fact that their daughter had seen them get so close. She was not going to kiss Aditya but their actions could've easily been misread. Aditya, too, felt embarrassed as Aadhya walked in on them. He had allowed himself to get weak again. He looked around hastily before walking out of the kitchen without mentioning a word.

**

Zoya's eyes awoke in the middle of her dream. He had taken over her subconscious mind as well. The feeling of his touch on any part of her body was enough to set her soul on fire for days and give her sleepless nights. She thought back to how it felt when they had gotten intimate for the first time and all the times after that, the night when Aadhya was conceived. No matter how mad she was at Aditya, she knew deep down in her heart that she still loved him somewhat. But his actions seemed so conflicting. On one hand, him and Aadhya had no bond and he fought her for Aadhya's custody but then whatever happened in the kitchen a few hours ago was a clear reminder that something was not right. There was some dust being placed over her eyes, his actions did not make sense whatsoever.

Looking at a sleeping Aadhya cuddling with her stuffed teddy bear next to her on the bed, Zoya exhaled a soft sigh. She didn't know what to think anymore. It was so obvious that Aadhya loved Aditya so much, she couldn't understand what was keeping Aditya from loving Aadhya.

**

"Zoya, I need you to stay back." Sahir said arriving at her desk. "The clients from Japan are finalizing the deal and I need you to be here to finish off the paperwork."

Zoya looked hesitant as she mustered up the courage to speak to Sahir.

"Um...I'm sorry I wouldn't be able to." She said meekly, afraid of his reaction she strayed from telling him the truth about her hesitancy in not being able to stay. She knew it was frowned upon when women in businesses had to neglect their jobs for their children and tried her best to hide the reason from him.

"Why not?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Um...my daughter. I have to get her from school."

"Oh." Sahir said, making no effort to hide his surprise. "You have a daughter?"

Sahir was unable to fathom why his heart felt a little disappointed in hearing so. He thought she was unmarried and suddenly felt guilty for thinking of her in an inappropriate manner.

"Oh—can't your husband do that?" He questioned.

Zoya thought about it for a second. She didn't exactly like the idea of forcing Aditya and Aadhya to speak to each other. Aditya would simply have an emotionless expression and her poor Aadhya would be heartbroken as always. That wasn't a good idea at all.

"Uh—I'm divorced." She blurted out without thinking. She looked down at her own lie, maybe it wasn't that bad of a lie—after all, it would be true in a matter of time anyways.

"Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't know." Sahir said awkwardly. He felt extremely out of place asking Zoya all these personal questions but couldn't help feel a bit of satisfaction run over him hearing her say she was divorced. He knew it was wrong of him, but he had his eyes on her from the first day. It was so bad to be looking at her from that lens when she was his employee but he was so smitten by her. And as the days passed, her own work ethic and confidence and personality seemed to enamor his heart. He was falling for her like a lovesick teenager and he really did not mind.

"Zoya!"

She looked up from packing her files as he called her name.

"Why don't you bring her here? I know it isn't exactly fun, but I really need this paperwork done or the deal could fall through." He said, proud of his own self for coming up with a solution.