zaroorat

Aditya rushed down the stairs as his mind was in a daze. The sight of Aadhya laying there at the edge of the stairs set his insides on fire. It through him back to the horrific memory of when his mother committed suicide. She too lay on the ground with a pool of blood nearing her head. His mind could not function as he sprinted to Aadhya and took her bleeding head in his lap. He wanted to scream her name but his mind could not send the right signals to his throat and he was unable to form any sound. His lips quivered as it felt like time around him had stopped, nobody else was moving. In that moment, all he could see was a little girl unconscious bleeding profusely from her head.

Zoya screamed as she ran behind Aditya as he took Aadhya's head into his lap and frantically patted her cheeks gently as if there was a possibility that she would regain consciousness. Aadhya was the one losing blood but Aditya looked as if he was the one who's blood had been drained from his body. He quickly took his handkerchief out of his pocket and patted it on the wound located on her head as if it could stop the bleeding, but to no avail. Zoya grabbed a thin dupatta she had kept out on the couch and wrapped it immediately around Aadhya's head, as Aditya lifted her up in his arms and ran to the car while she held onto Aadhya's hand, running with them.

"Driver!" Aditya screamed. "Hospital, NOW!" He roared while the driver simply nodded frantically seeing the condition of the family. Aditya got in the backseat, allowing Aadhya's head to rest in his lap as he kept a firm hand on her the cloth to prevent any further bleeding. He held her fragile body so securely as a tear rolled down his cheek. He couldn't see his baby girl like this.

Zoya held onto Aadhya's hands as she sat next to Aditya and the remainder of Aadhya's body laid on her. She looked on as Aditya cradled Aadhya so worrisomely as she saw even a tear roll down his face. It was in that moment, she knew...something was severely wrong. Aditya's love for his daughter was more than visible to her. But why was he withdrawing himself from them?

Before they knew it, they had reached the hospital as Aditya once more lifted Aadhya in and placed her on the stretcher. He felt shivers run down his spine as he saw the white hospital sheet turn red with the blood from her forehead. He felt empty inside looking at her so helpless. Both Zoya and him held onto her hand for as long as they could till she was taken into intensive care. Aditya watched through the window as the doctors began poking her skin with the needles to test her vitals and he felt as if someone had pricked him. He shut his eyes unable to see the pain and turned around to see Zoya looking at him with a crestfallen face and tears in her eyes. They were bloodshot red. But she wasn't angry as usual. She looked helpless. He had forgotten in his anguish over Aadhya that if he was hurt, she was Aadhya's mother, she felt it ten times worse than he did. He stepped over towards her, his eyes just as misty as hers. Her eyes looked blank as she fell down into the chair, emotionless and buried her face in her palms. Aditya walked over towards her and somehow mustered the courage to place his hand on her shoulder as he sat next to her.

"Zo—"

Before he could complete his words, she looked up and threw her arms around him, sobbing into his chest and holding on as if her life depended on it.

"Aditya—our baby." She cried.

Our baby. She had never addressed Aadhya as their child before, she would always call her her own daughter as if Aditya was never part of the equation but hearing her say our daughter made him feeling a warm, soft emotion he wasn't used to.

Zoya clung onto Aditya, pouring her heart out. She didn't know right or wrong in this moment, all she knew was that her little one was in a hospital severely injured. 

Aditya patted her hair with one hand and wrapped the other around her body keeping her closer to him softly as he tried his best to reassure her and himself.