❤Chapter 9❤

Wunmi’s pov

"You can check the mirror now." Lara said after she was done with the last face makeup. I didn't want to but she forced me to do a makeup simply because it's my first date.
I wriggle my tongue at her and collected the mirror from her, I looked into it and saw my reflection."Lara!" My eyes widened. "What have you done to my face?"
"It's makeup." She answered coolly, as if she never did a thing.
"Hey! All my face has changed, I don’t look like me." I frowned, still looking in the mirror at myself.
"Yes, that’s why it is called makeup, what do you expect?” Lara smirked. “You look stunning, I bet Tayo's jaw will drop when he sees you."
I shook my head and sighed. "Even this date, it’s like you’re the one who is going with all the preparations you’re making. You forced me to practically dress like a bride."
"Ha! The wedding? I won't do that make up for you, this makeup is even meager compared to the one you'll do on your wedding." Lara said.
"What am I saying, what is this one talking?” I mocked her. “Let me go wear my dress." I stood up and took the box which Tayo sent to me.
He sent me the dress two days after I had agree to go on the date with him. It was a royal blue sleeveless gown that ends just below the knees with straps and pearls at the neck.
"Don't ruin the makeup please, you know I spent hours trying to get the perfect one." I heard Lara shout as I entered the closet.I was still putting on my dress when I heard a knock on the door.
"Coming." I heard as Lara went to get the door. "Hey, Tayo! Come inside she's almost done."
I wore my gown and shoes then I stood and stared at the bathroom mirror, not knowing what to do. I didn't want to see him while my face is coloured with makeups.
"Wunmi, come out now." Lara called.
"I'm coming." I said, my voice betraying me. I was nervous, I almost cleaned the makeup but I remembered how much work Lara put into it.
I was still thinking of whether I should go out or not when I noticed the door moving.
Lara came in and whispered. "What's wrong? Is there a problem?"
"I'm kind of scared, I don't want to go anymore."
Lara shook her head disapprovingly. "You're going, don't worry he won't bite. I promise you. Now run along." She pushed me forward to the door.
I looked at Tayo, in his tux looking cute as ever. His almost curly hair already made to slick down, his set of white teeth smiling at me from where he was, his brown eyes glittering at me. Little did I know that he was checking me out too.
"You look gorgeous." He whispered but the both of us heard.
Lara winked at me then gestured for me to go meet him.
I moved closer to him nervously and he kissed my cheeks then he whispered.
"You look so beautiful, can you be mine forever?"
I blushed at his words and whispered back. "Sure, why not. Please shut up now before I punch your cute face."
"Ah!" he laughed and raised his hands up. "I surrender."
I laughed with him and waved bye to Lara.
Tayo kissed Lara’s cheeks and went for the door. "Bye and Thank you."
*Time skips*
"Are you okay?" Tayo asked as we got to his car.
After we just ate dinner at one of the most expensive restaurant in the mainland.
"I'm fine, I'm just really happy. Thanks for the dinner."
Tayo smiled at me, then he started driving. “Okay.”
"Where are we going now?" I asked.
"To somewhere fun, we need to talk serious.” Tayo started. “I want to clear everything with you now."
"Oh, Okay." I looked out of the window and watched the sights and lights. Lagos at night is another world entirely.
Not long, the car stopped. I looked around and saw that we were at a park. People were there, some talking, some just sitting alone, some reading, some on their phones.
"Where and how did you find this place in this State?" I asked him.
"Just found it some months back. It's one of the coolest place to be when you aren't at your house or any place you can call cool. I call it my hideout even though you can't hide here but it's safe and nice." Tayo replied me.
"It's really beautiful, I think I just might like this place.” I said as I looked around. Everyone was minding their own as if there was no one else in the place. “Where are we sitting?" I asked after I have satisfied my eyes.
"There." Tayo pointed and we walked to the long bench at the far end of the park, hand in hand, smiling at each other as we walked.
We got to the bench and sat. “It’s even warm here.”
“Yeah, that’s why I like it, everyone has their own favourite spot.” He smiled.
“So, what are we going to do?” I asked.
Tayo gulped then he spoke. "I want to explain everything, the reason for leaving you behind, the reason for cutting you off several times during school."
I shook my head and smiled. "It's not important anymore. That was even six or seven years ago."
"I want to."
"Okay." I shrugged. It couldn’t be anything so bad.
"You remember Ade, my brother and Daniel, the head boy." I nodded my head. "Yes, I do remember."
"Then, when we got to the final class, I and the boys made a bet that I'll make you fall in love with me.” Tayo paused to stare at me. “The day you'll tell me you love me is going to be the last day of the bet whether I'll win or not will be determined by what you tell me when I ask you."
I stood up slowly, my head hurting by the words I just heard from Tayo.
Am I dreaming?
"What? It was all a bet? Everything was a bet? Tayo, tell me this is a joke.” Tayo stared at me pleadingly. “What about now? Tell me is this a bet too? Because you’re definitely wining." I spoke, tears in my eyes threatening to fall. I didn’t know if I could survive another heartbreak from this same man.
Tayo shook his head and pulled me to sit back on the bench. Good, no one was watching us because it would be embarrassing as hell.
"No, listen to me please. I didn't win the bet because I didn't allow you to tell me, I also fell in love with you and I know you'll be hurt and might probably hate me if you find out everything was a bet at the beginning.” My breath were beginning to ease, I was almost calm. “And now... I swear to you, it's not a bet. The feelings has always been there, all for you." Tayo spoke with certainty in his eyes.
I looked at him, my lips crept into a smile, then I shook my head. "You're crazy, you know that? You almost gave me an heart attack."
He smiled at me. "All crazy for you Wunmi, I’m sorry for any pain I might have caused you."
"It’s fine now, I love you so much Tayo. Now you can win the bet." I said grinning widely at him.
"I love you so much more Wunmi, and I don't want to win the bet, I want you."