Chapter Six

'Hades'

Hadrian sat in the Slytherin common rooms, surrounded by his housemates. News of his new pet had spread quickly amongst them but not as quickly as the news of him being a parselmouth. It had sparked a wave of awe, respect or ,in other houses, fear.

Hadrian's new serpent had been named Silver by Draco, who had become best friends with the snake. Hadrian had also introduced his other snake, Circe, to the Slytherins as he felt no need to hide her any longer. The two were welcomed into the common room and were currently hissing happily at the fuss they were recieving.

"I like the blonde one. He ssmells nice" Silver hissed from her position around Draco's neck.

"Hisss name is Draco" Hadrian muttered, ignoring the curious face of said boy.

"Like a ferret. I like ferretsss" Silver stated, causing Hadrian to chuckle.

"What's he saying Hadrian?" Asked Draco as Hadrian's chuckle turned into laughter.

"Hadrian, tell me" The boy continued to whine, using his best puppy-dog eyes and pout.

However, they're conversation was interrupted by a large black owl loudly tapping the window. Hadrian instantly darted up from his chair and made his way across to the owl. He carefully detached the letter from the owls leg before rewarding the owl with a quick stroke.

"Well done, Thanatos" Hadrian whispered as the owl cooed in delight before departing from the window ledge.

Draco, who had followed Hadrian to the owl, gave him another confused look. Hadrian began making his way across the common room and up the stairs, giving Draco a glance that told him not to follow. Once alone in his room, Hadrian opened the letter.

Hades,

I am told you are the one to contact if one wants someone out of the way. I assume that is correct as ,what I believe to be your owl, has found me.

I need an arrogant boy ,who dares think he came overtake my progress in the ministry, gone. Make it violent. His family are blood traitors, they should not be allowed here.

I will pay 700 galleons, which your owl can collect once it's done.

His name is Percy Weasley.

Hadrian smiled a cold, sadistic smile after finishing the letter. Ever since the murder of the Dursleys he had became Hades, the assassin. He was feared through out the wizarding and muggle world. No one had managed to work out who Hades was, and he doubted they ever would.

This profession offered a lot of money. Seven hundred galleons just to kill a disgusting red-headed blood traitor. This was how Hadrian had became so rich, even richer than his former family, The Potters.

Hadrian smirked as he began his own letter to Percy Weasley. The pompous brat had no idea what was coming his way.

***

To say Percy Weasley was shocked when he read the letter that had just arrived would be an understatement. Not only was he shocked but he was incredibly proud. The Minister of Magic had personally requested to meet him at the Hogshead in Hogsmead in order to talk about Percy possibly becoming his successor. 'Well, of course he chose me' thought Percy as he approached the inn. With a smug grin on his freckled face, Percy quickly entered the private room that was shown to him.

"Minister, I am deeply proud to be presented with this position and I can't help but mention that you made the perfect choice" Percy announced in a boastful voice once the door was closed.

"Yes, if only that was true" replied a sly voice from the corner of the room.
Percy quickly spun on his heels to face the voice. His face was wiped of all smugness and replaced with anger as he stared at the figure.

"Hadrian Black. My brother's told me about you. How dare you be here in this private room and where is the Minister?" He questioned receiving only a laugh from Hadrian. A cold laugh, riddled with hysteria that made fear run through the redheads veins.

"The Minister isn't going to arrive. But I must applaud you, you took the bait marvelously" Hadrian said as a sadistic grin took over his face.

"I-what?" Was all that Percy managed to get out of his mouth as the realisation dawned on him. Hadrian quietly began performing the locking charms on the door and the silencing charms on the room.

"You? You wrote that letter?" Percy gasped as his hand fumbled for his wand.

"Yes, someone wants you dead Percy. And I'm here to make sure they get that"

Percy frantically cast a spell, the red light arching towards Hadrian, who easily side stepped it. Hadrian pulled out his own wand and cast a spell. It hit Percy in the chest causing him to fly backwards into the wall and yell in pain.

"You'll get caught! Your underage!" Percy once again tried to barter his safety with threats.

"Actually, I had my wand made in Knockturn Alley. Yew, 11" with a basilisk fang core. Untraceable" Hadrian replied with a smirk before sending another curse towards Percy.
The older boy began rolling on the floor in pain, his limbs flailing and twitching as he screamed. The pain searing through him like fire. For what seemed like hours, Percy was held under the cruciatus curse. When it finally stopped, he breathed a sigh of relief, his body still twitching and shaking.

"Oh, we're not done yet" Hadrian whispered sweetly as he pulled out a small knife. Percy's eyes widened as he recognised the knife. A basilisk bone knife, the venom of which had always been found on those killed by Hades. There was only one such knife in existence due to the Ministry's rules. Tears began rolling down Percy's face as he realised just who he was dealing with.

His thoughts were interrupted by Hadrian's laugh as the knife plunged into his skin. Once again, Percy was screaming as the knife was pulled along his skin, slowly creating Hades' signature carving of a snake.

Eventually, Hadrian had finished and he stood up to admire his work. A large snake had been carved up Percy's torso and onto his face, horribly disfiguring him. The lifeless body of the Weasley was soaked in blood, blood that was slowly covering the floor and most likely dripping down to the floor below. Hadrian himself was also covered in blood, the sickly red painted his face and hands beautifully. A smile formed on his face as he began hearing screams and yells from the floor below, followed by the tell tale crack of Aurors apparating.

Hadrian pocketed his knife before apparating away as the door was blown to ashes by the Aurors.

"Too late again" growled James Potter and he looked down at the mangled body of Percy Weasley.

***

"Fearless child, broken boy, tell me what it's like to burn"