Chapter 10

Lizzie and Sebastian were at the old mills property training. He was teaching her how to hunt, Lizzie's task was to catch him using her all her senses, so far she hadn't been able to catch him. She was starting to get frustrated, this time she focused her listening more than anything, she heard the leaves crunch beneath his feet, the way his heart was beating, she was able to track him and know where he was. She got on top of a tree to sneak attack him when she saw him beneath her and attacked him. She landed on top of him.

"I got you," Lizzie said smirking, her hand on his chest.

"After 20 tries, but yeah you got me," He said smiling at her

"So what now?" She asked

"How about we teach you how to feed? From a person." He said

"Are you serious? We're not allowed to feed on the locals." Lizzie said

"Your dad will never know. Plus animal blood doesn't make you strong enough, human blood makes you strong enough to do anything. What do you say?" Sebastian asked

"Alright, but if my dad ever finds out I'll kill you," Lizzie said

"He'll never know, this will be our little secret," Sebastian said

They made their way into town, it was getting dark outside so nobody would see them. They started wandering around town trying to find their prey. They saw two girls walking towards the dark alley they were in. Sebastian and Lizzie waited for the girls to get to the alley, Lizzie waited for Sebastian to attack one of the girls first. Once he saw that nobody would see them, he attacked one of the girls and Lizzie attacked the other one. Sebastian pulled away from the girl looking at Lizzie, went over to her and told her to stop but Lizzie didn't listen. Sebastian pulled Lizzie forcefully away from the girl.

"Lizzie stop. You're going to kill her." Sebastian said

"I need more. I'm so hungry." Lizzie said trying to get past Sebastian to keep draining the girl.

"Don't let the hunger drive you. Don't drink too fast, don't let yourself lose control. Focus on the sound of my voice and calm down." Sebastian said Lizzie took her focus away from the girl and looked at Sebastian. She could feel herself calm down.

"We need to feed them some blood so their wound to heal and compel them. We wouldn't want anyone to find out there are vampires in Mystic Falls again." Sebastian said going over to one of the girls and feeding her some of his blood and compelling her to forget everything that happened. Lizzie went over to the other girl and bit into her wrist to feed her a bit of her blood. She looked into her eyes and compelled her to forget everything that happened. The girls started to walk as if nothing happened. Lizzie and Sebastian made their way back to school. They had to get there before anyone noticed they were gone. But it was too late for that. When they went through the main entrance, Alaric was sitting in one of the chairs, waiting for them.

"Where have you been?" Alaric asked standing up.

"We were training by the old mills property," Lizzie said

"Then why is there blood on your shirt?" He asked pointing at Sebastian

"I got hurt when we were training," Sebastian said simply

"I know you guys were feeding. You know you're not allowed to feed on the locals." Alaric said angrily

"Dad, it's not a big deal, we didn't hurt anyone," Lizzie said

"I don't care Elizabeth, we have rules for a reason. If there start being random animal attacks then they will know vampires are back in mystic falls. This town has secrets you don't know about. If they believe vampires are back this whole school is in danger. Do you get that?" Alaric said