Lesson 5: I Think I Made a Huge Mistake

The library was heaven, pure heaven, no matter what people say they can never change my mind about two things: that God is real, and that the library is the best place you can ever be in.

The books, the shelves, the desks, and even the smell, it will calm you. You're having a rough day? Go relax in the library. Need a place to be productive? The library is the place.

The smell of the books brings me right back to feeling cozy, and looking at the endless world and dimensions I could be traveling to without even moving a muscle excites me. The rows of long desk remind me of those times I was able to go to school for the first time. The only good thing about that memory was that I learned what I wanted, not so much of the social aspect.

The empty desks though, reminds me that I am here alone, and no one can ruin that for me right now.

I walked along the shelves, dragging my hands across the thousands, no millions of hardcover books that surround me. Take it all in, take it all in.

All the books that could teach me a new life lesson, a new way of viewing the world around me, a new way of thinking about my self-worth. That's what I love about them the most, the fact that they aren't all cookie cutter in explaining basic facts we should already know of, but making us really rethink the things that would usually come as a second thought.

Flipping through the pages, reading word by word, the knowledge I am gaining, the new world I am imaging. And for some reason once I start reading a book I can't hear anything in my surroundings.

This time was different though.

The humming.

The humming that echoed throughout the library filled the room with more life that I didn't seem to notice it lacked. I tried my best to just ignore it but I couldn't wrap my head to listen to what I was saying. I gave up on trying to resist my urges and I put my book down and walked near the humming.

The humming got louder and louder until I finally saw who was making that noise.

"Prince Jeonghan?" I said by accident, as he turned around in horror. I didn't know that Jeonghan felt so self-conscious about his humming.

Right after I called out to him he looked at me mortified as he ran out of the library without another word. I tried to run after him but, once I managed to find the exit to this extravagant room he was nowhere in sight, in the hallways.

I went in search for him looking at the only place I actually knew he could be in. And of course, he wasn't in my room he couldn't be that simple.

I took off my jacket and throw it in a nearby chair and throw myself on the bed that Prince Jeonghan was sleeping in. "The first day in Aleumda kingdom and I had succeeded in already scaring off my student when he was willing to stay in the same room as me," I said to myself as I groaned and waved my legs back and forth.

When I finished overreacting my face suddenly grew red. "Ahhh why am I blushing." I said to myself "Stop this" I demanded.

And then I heard a knock on the door. I quickly sat up and tried my best to get back to my professional mindset. "Yes," I said in a pitch a little higher, then I anticipated to release.

Once I finished beating myself up mentally I saw it was the maid that directed me to this room at the beginning of the day. "Royal Tutor I have brought you your dinner."

I quickly got out of bed and the maid I later found out was named Chrystal, gave me the food. I looked down at it and was pleasantly surprised by the ordinary-looking meal. I don't know what I was imagining it would look like but I know that I wasn't expecting this from the castle amongst all else. I thanked Chrystal as she smiled up at me and made her way to finishing her business.

I walked back to my bed, leaning against the bed frame and started to dig in. Once that one bite went into my mouth, the whole plate was wiped clean. I went for another scoop but there was nothing left, and my face fell so much in disappointment. I had enjoyed this curry a lot. I don't know what they did to it but it was such a rich tasting curry, that couldn't compare to the ones I have had in the past.

I just had to mourn over the fact that there was none left, but I really didn't want to be a burden and ask for more when they had already given me such a big portion. I gave it a last look and thanked God for the food and placed the tray on my bedside table and lay down in this bed.

This bed I can not even put words together that would accurately describe it in a way that would do it justice. But I guess you could say once my head hit that pillow and my body covered with the puffy blanket I was knocked out.

~The next day~

I woke up from one of the best sleep I have gotten in months. When I turned to the place I put my tray and it was gone. I changed into new clothes and went to my desk and started on how I was going to do lesson plans.

So once I was stuck on what to do, which didn't take me long; I decided to leave the room to take a breath of the fresh morning air. And must I say the world just seems to want my life to be more entertaining or just for me to suffer more without preparations.

Jeonghan was right there looking out the window, in front of my room. He turned around and looked at me with an unreadable look.

This is only day 2 and I'm thinking that I will never truelly get used to Jeonghan and his looks. And as he was looking at me he started to walk up to me. I smiled and thought he was going to conversate with me. "Good morning Jeonghan I hope we can work together tod—-" he walked past me and went into my room with no word to me.

I looked at the closed room as I was dumb founded. Right as I was going to leave, Jeonghan opened the door and said to me "I still will be taking my naps in this room so don't take your time with it. I'm not afraid to just walk in and sleep right next to you." He said slamming the door in my face.

I dropped to the floor in a crouching position try my hardest not to let his looks get to me from fairly judging his overall character. But the more I think about the way he acts, it doesn't seem natural if that makes any sense at all. Like how he is acting is fake, "Ah I guess I will have to try another day." I said as I moved on my way to explore the castle some more.