|26|

Posy

I'm crying, and I don't even know why. Well, I know why, but I don't know why I'm sad.

Leaving this house should be a good thing, it is a good thing, but me and my emotional self aren't having it. I pack everything I'll need, trying to see it all from critical eyes. Only necessities. That's all I need. Nothing more, nothing less.

After I zip my bag, I look around my room.

This place doesn't hold happy memories. Maybe a few from before the war, and many more after Torint showed up, but that's it. My mate and I will make lots of new memories, memories far far away from here. At least that's what he assures me, but I'm still a bit unsure. Space? Spaceships? It's a lot to take in.

It's kind of scary leaving behind everything you know. But I'm also hopeful, so that helps, sort of.

I close my door for the last time, heading down the stairs to my new life. The handle to my suitcase is slick and sweaty in my warm grip. When I spot Torint, I feel a little bit better.

We've both been a little bit on edge, for different reasons. Helping those girls has made me sad. Seeing and hearing what they went through is absolutely heart wrenching. The older of the two, Jane, is the one who told us about what was done to them.

It's exactly what I feared.

The smaller, younger girl, Penelope, won't speak. Jane says she was there when she got there. She said she doesn't know how long Penelope was imprisoned. No one really knows anything about Penelope. She doesn't speak.

And the poor thing won't be separated from Elik. The terrifying leader of the alien pack has become protective of the girl. Torint believes she feels safe around him since he was the one to rescue her.

Either way, it's sweet to watch him take care of her. The brute is gentle and kind towards her.

The third girl was dead when they found her. They buried her before they returned to the house. Thankfully, I didn't have to witness that. I don't know how I would be able to cope with seeing something like that. It would haunt me forever, that poor girl.

"There you are, my Posy." Torint says, coming towards me with a warm smile as he pulls me to his side. I gladly mold my body to his. A grumble sounds from his throat.

"You are trembling. What is wrong, my sweet mate?" He asks gently, a twinge of worry in his deep voice. I look up at him with a little bit of guilt, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm a little nervous." I admit. He squints down at me in confusion.

"Why?" He questions me, petting my hair softly to try and calm me down. It works well enough.

"Well, it's all unknown to me, you know what I mean?" I look away, a little bit embarrassed now that I'm saying it out loud. "Don't get me wrong, I'm excited.
Ecstatic, really. It's just a lot to take in. I'll never see earth again."

Compassion flares in Torint's gaze. He embraces me, hugging me tightly to his broad chest. I relax. Sometimes I forget how big the guy is, I'm basically a child compared to him.

"Everything will be alright, Posy. I will always protect you, love you. You are mine." I sigh in contentment at his reassurance.

He's the love of my life.

Eventually we have everything we need, and we're heading off on our grand adventure. I carry my bag, and Torint carries Weasley. What can I say? The cat really loves the big alien man who crashed into our lives. I can't say that I disagree with him.