Soaked Tyrants - Part Four

Simon's life was changed forever. He flicked the metallic curved switch above his head. The propellers began to rev and then spin furiously. The soldiers then knew what was happening. All of the weapons they acquired began to fire like one deafening lions roar. Simon lifted off of the cement platform and tried to speed away. He barely turned the enormous jets in time. The autogiro advanced forward at rapid speeds. This was the only sound left, this was Simon's escape.

He flew and flew, between buildings, over wires, across districts. He kept going until he saw the barely green wilderness. The city slowly began to fade as the massive highrises turned into low apartments, then suburbs, then slums. Finally, civilization was gone and all that was in front of him was empty woods and meadows. Yet, he still wanted to be far enough from Mosley.

After ten minutes he landed in a small opening near a lake. Once he landed he retrieved all the emergency food and water from the back storage unit. Then, he climbed back inside the bird and turned the jets onto low speed. He quickly leaped out of the metallic trap and the once busy and important machine rolled into the water. It gradually sank into the sands and dust resting on the bottom of the lake. Now it was gone. He then walked into the forest, carrying all the supplies he could from the backpacks in the carrier. He disappeared into the woods.

The man walked through the shrubs and bushes, between the logs and trees. Until he found a small, lonely shack out in the woods. The shack was almost collapsed. All that supported it was the tree growing through the roof. Now he had found a place to stay. He set all of his belongings down and thought. After half an hour he said aloud, "This is my life now.

"I am a rogue, a rebel, a criminal. They will hunt me, they will scour the area with their heli-carriers and highly-trained tracking hounds. I might die out here, in the wilderness, to rot, and be forgotten. I must act fast because I know I will die. I must make something of me fast. I must make a change, fast."

Simon continued to sit in the dilapidated chair. The wind blew through the truss of the house. It moved through him like a cold sharp dagger. Yet afterward, Simon felt that the wind was soothing and calming. He felt like he belonged in it.

Simon then made his world-changing decisions. He stood then fitted his goggles onto his eyes. He stood and took in a large breath of fresh, cool air. Then the hike began towards the city. He only brought a small amount of food and water for where he was going, he would not need it.

He passed by more trees, abandoned houses, clearings, meadows, and whatnot. Then in the distance, he saw the automated farms.

The automated farms were massive castles. The walls of these farms were painted with red and black. The steel mountain stopped almost anyone from walking through it. Word probably has not spread about Simon's defection.

He walked towards a small side-door by the wall. He then knocked vigorously on the door. No one answered. Then after a few silent moments, a voice called from behind the steel door, "Hello? Who is this? No one is supposed to come in!"

"I'm an N.E.O. Policeman," Simon responded.

"A policeman, aye? Let me see your ID"

"Frank, Simon age 32, ID 1689957. Precinct 31"

The door then swiftly opened and standing inside was a shorter and older man. "Sorry officer," he explained. "Usually people come knocking pretending to be inspectors and whatnot. It's extremely annoying!"

"I see," Simon responded.

"Well, why are you here? Do we have an inspection?"

"Um," Simon had a look of confusion that soon washed away. "Yes! Yes, you do!"