Chapter 22

F A R A H

What he said had been echoing in my head throughout the day, I find myself feeling happy by the conversation we had even though it's not a serious one I still like the moment.

My phone vibrates through the room making me snapped out of my thought. Checking the caller id Myrah's name flashed on the screen.

"Assalamu Alaikum our mommy" I cheered through the phone.

"Wa Alaikum salam our honeymoon girl, how are you doing and your hubby" she chirped happily.

"We're doing just fine" I answered back.

"Wait you sound happy, what's the secret did you two...." I cut her off before she uttered any more.

"No it's nothing like that, we just had a normal conversation without feeling like murdering each other" pulling my hair behind my hair, I rest my head on the headboard playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Wow Farah you're getting close gradually, I know one of you has to take a step and Jawad being the stubborn he is will not, it's better if you take the step to take your marriage to the next level" she stated in a serious tone.

I heard the sound of something falling followed by Myrah cussing. "Farah I will call you back, I need to take care of something" she hung up the call without waiting for me to answer back.

Taking the milk throw pillow I held it to my heart inhaling the sweet scent coming from it.

Farah don't expect anything.

Maybe he didn't mean what he said. 

My mind tells me, but who cares just talking to him is an achievement.

**

I woke up early today feeling excited, but all that drains off when I couldn't find Jawad in the living room. I took my time to cook breakfast playing one of my favorite songs.

Standing in front of Jawad room, I contemplate on what to do

Should I knock or let him be?

After standing in deep thinking, I finally muster up the courage to knock. Just as I was about the knock the door flung open revealing Jawad himself, in simple tan jeans and a short sleeve, his small black stubble shinning I feel like touching them.

Farah composes yourself. I mentally scolded myself.

The clearing of his voice made me realize what I'm doing. checking him out.

"Um..." I couldn't even remember what's the purpose of me coming here.

"Breakfast?" He said flashing me a smile and walked pass me.

Oh my Allah what just happened.

Did you die and came back to life Farah? I literally pinched myself.

adjusting my wrapped hijab, I took the seat facing him, keeping my head down feeling shy all of a sudden.

"I like the pancakes" my head snapped towards him hearing him praise my cooking. is this really Jawad? is he planning something this time pretending to be nice?

"Um... Thank you" I muttered quietly.

Farah why are you always stuttering while talking to him, it's not that he's going to eat you.

"if you're done eating let's go out for some fresh air" he added wiping his lips with the table napkin.

I stood up immediately following behind him, not feeling hungry anymore. He stopped midst walk turning to me.

"Aren't you going to finish your breakfast first?" he asked.

I kept my head down. "I'm not hungry anymore" I exclaimed.

I know that deep down I'm just excited to go out.

Taking out the car from the parking lot, he unlocked the door for me. He ignites the engine and drove at a low speed. All the while my eyes were outside the window watching the beautiful view of Sharjah, I love how simple the country is. Throughout the drive, I've been feeling his gaze on me but decided not to dwell on his change of behavior. I don't want to give my hopes.

The car came to a halt at the most beautiful view I've ever seen. "Wow," I said out loud.

"Do you like it" I heard him say.

"Yes, I totally love it" I grinned walking further. I don't know what to call it, everything is beautiful.

There were just a few people in the park, mainly couples. Taking out my phone I click some pictures.

"Thank you for bringing me here Jawad" I cheered happily not knowing I was holding his arm.

"Oh.. Sorry". I was about to take my hand off when he held it, I felt my body shake by the mere contact. I stared at him in confusion.

Is this Jawad or someone else.

As if he read my mind he answered my question. "Do you want people to think we are strangers?" he said gazing elsewhere. A smile made its way to my lips, holding my bag tightly with the other hand. We walked awkwardly hand in hand towards a small stall beside the beach. All the while my heart had been beating faster than normal. I feel some kind of peace when he held my hands.

"One cup of ice cream please," Jawad said to the middle-aged woman, who had been watching me with a smile on her face. I checked my surrounding to see what she's smiling about but found none.

"Here's your ice cream" she passed the ice cream to Jawad. "By the way, you have a beautiful wife" she added.

So that's why she's been looking at me like that.

"Thank you" he replied back offering her a smile. I felt a pang of hurt seeing him smiling to someone which is not me.

We sat on an empty beach, a pile of silence fell on us, not knowing what to do I just kept eating my ice cream.

"Farah" Jawad called my name all of a sudden. I turned my head and he was already looking at me with his alluring eyes that I come to like. I don't know when or how but I like the new Jawad, although I don't know if he's planning on something on me but I still like it that we're not fighting anymore, or that's what I thought. I stared at his eyes waiting for him to speak.

"Can we be friends?"

Assalamu alaikum,

How was the chapter? Do you enjoy their little progress?

I know I took a long time before updating, I was kind of busy with my life, working on my school project.

I want to use this medium to thank all my reader( including the silent readers). Thank you so much for taking your time to read my book, I'm really happy to see my book getting reads every day.

I only have one request, the book is lacking vote please do vote if you enjoyed the story.

Let's make this chapter reach 30 reads, 10 votes (if possible), and Comment( wait.. Comment idk🤔). But anyway I will update the next chapter if we reach the goal.

Let me drop some green hearts💚💚 See you next time.