Chapter Three

Juvenile WardDecember 26, 2010

Juvenile Ward
December 26, 2010

Patient name: Harold Edward Styles

Age of patient: 16, minor

Reason for admission: Anxiety, danger to self and others

"Harry?" A dainty voice spoke in the darkness of the room as the nurse slowly entered through the open door. She could hear his quiet whimpers as soon as she called out his name. "No needles today, Harry. You just need to take your pills," The nurse quietly whispered once more, afraid that she would scare him again.

She heard movement over in the corner of the room he usually hides in. Every time she walks into his room, he is hiding in the corner, desperately wishing to get out of the crazy ward he was trapped in.

"Come out, Harry. Just for a second so you can take your pills." The nurse knelt down and waited for the boy to crawl out of the darkness. Once he did so, she extended her arms, revealing the pills and a small cup of water in each hand.

His shaky and dirty hand reached out to grab the pills. As soon as they were in his possession, he immediately flung them across the room before he slapped the cup out of the nurses hand. He started to back away from her as soon as the lady called in for backup.

"You can't make them go away," He cried out, hitting his back against the gray stone wall. "They are angry at you." He repeated his words with venom.

"You've ignored your pills long enough. I think it is time for a proper punishment," The nurse stated as her assistant wheeled in a table. "I said no needles today, but I think you need to learn your lesson."

"You can't do this. You won't win," He gave a maniacal laugh, a tear running down his cheek. Two male nurses walked in and grabbed him by his wrists, pulling him to his bed. He laughed as he struggled against the restraints that tied him to the bed. He screamed at the top of his lungs as they walked away from him and left his nurse to do her job.

With tears running down his cheeks, he looked over at his nurse. A smile slowly grew on his face as he watched her hold up the syringe.

"You have been bad. You have showed no improvement in your therapy. So I suggest you stay quiet while I give you this shot, got it?" She spat, changing her tone entirely from before.

Nurse Catherine hated it when her patients misbehaved, so going against the rules she would secretly inject them with a drug that put them to sleep faster than lights out. She would lie to other nurses, bragging that her patients always listened to her.

"Do it," He chuckled, the voice in his head becoming more sinister. "You think you can scare me?"

She's nearly frozen, the deep dark voice sending chills up her spine. She can't comprehend how someone so young could sound so evil. She walks over the bed and without looking at the dark eyes boring into her sole, she injects the needle in his arm and waits for the drug to kick in.