20

XX.

(In the morning, Harry knocked on Louis' door. Louis, clad in comfy sweats and a sweater slipping off his shoulder, opened the door and sleepily tugged him inside. They collapsed in bed and kissed until the sun came up. Then Harry sat against the headboard and Louis opened himself up on his fingers so he could watch, before straddling him and sinking down. It was all burning heat and wandering hands, desperate to touch and feel, fissures of pleasure crackling throughout their universe.)

(Harry had brought a bag full of his favorite candles, and they were all alight on the windowsill. This time, the only music they listened to was the music they created with their own labored breathing and soft, raspy moans. Louis wrapped he arms around Harry's neck, burying his face in his hair, and Harry caressed his waist like he was the finest sculpture in the world.)

(Harry accidentally said 'I love you' when he came. Louis intentionally said it back. They smiled into each other's mouths through the next, exploring the togetherness of their physical beings. They smiled all throughout their shower together, washing each other reverently. They smiled all through breakfast at the cafe where they had their first real conversation. They sat on the same side of the booth this time, sharing breakfast foods and laughing over everything.)

(Louis fiddled with their matching rainbow bracelets, the subtle hint that they were the same. The hint from the universe, that night at the party, that made Louis feel safe enough to kiss a complete stranger.)

(Harry grabbed Louis' fingers to warm his cold fingers. Somehow, Louis knew they were thinking the same thing.)