epilogue.

Epilogue.

Sullivan knows that Arthur is beautiful, but he's beginning to get real tired of everyone saying that they'd fuck his boyfriend on social media.

Don't get him wrong, there will never be a day where he isn't happy for his man's success — his happiness has been Arthur's, and this has been the case for a very long time — but as far as he's concerned, the past three months have been absolute shit for his self-esteem.

"'Arthur Lancaster sure can land and cast his dick up my ass?' Do people not have fucking decency these days?" Sully huffs out frustratingly as he scrolls through his feed, standing with a red cup in hand as he awaits for his man to finally arrive at this godforsaken after party. He turns to his friend Alyssa to complain again, but he can tell by the way her face holds indifference that she's tired of hearing the same sob story.

Sully met Alyssa in his international politics class first semsester, and ever since then they have almost been as inseparable as he and Arthur are. The redhead knows the brunette like the back of her own hand, and she's also painfully aware of how much of a drama queen Sullivan Maxwell is.

She begins, "You know, I consider myself an expert on all things Sullivan-Jaymes Maxwell." She arches a neat brow at him and snorts, shaking her head before reaching over and turning his phone off. "But seriously? I thought that you would've learned your lesson already and stopped complaining about the same thing every goddamned Saturday night. Your boyfriend's hot — get over it."

He pouts — he's been doing that a lot lately — and sighs. "I know, Lyss, but it's hard. How would you feel if the whole country was talking about your boyfriend's skills on the field and alleged ones in the bedroom?"

Alyssa casts a knowing glance at Sullivan, smirking. "One — don't say alleged; I've walked in on you two doing some things that will send you both to hell. Two — I'd be honored. The whole country collectively thinks your boyfriend is the best thing to happen to the world of college football since selling beer in the stadiums. You don't have to worry about what everyone thinks of Arthur because they all know that he's off the market."

Sully scoffs and takes a sip of his beer, a small eye roll following soon after. For the past couple of months, the two of them agreed to keep things a little low profile between the two of them, just until Arthur could establish a name for himself amongst him and his teammates. It's not as if they're ashamed of each other, it's not like high school, but Sullivan knows that without football then Arthur isn't happy. "And what makes you so sure that everybody knows that?"

At that moment, he hears the plethora of people around him begin to chant, cheer, and crowd around the front door. Sully and Alyssa both know that it's just the football entourage stepping unto the scene. They walk in like they own the place because, well, they do. Going undefeated with a freshman quarterback for half the season and counting has captured everybody's intrigue. Everybody is vying for the attention of the starters on the team, especially for the star of the show, but his attention is ... occupied elsewhere.

Sullivan is waiting for an answer from Alyssa, but her eyes are on the crowd, and he knits his brows together as he turns his head to the people and notice that they're moving and parting the way for the team to walk through. Well, parts so that one can walk through.

The brunette can't help but to let his lips curl into a small smile as he watches Arthur step right up to him, an ivory grin on his own set of lips. His blonde hair falls against his shoulders in all of its glory, one stray strand falling over his forehead and resting against his lips. Oh, how desperately Sullivan wishes to be that piece of hair right now. Artie is only wearing a blue sweatshirt and matching pants, but his heart still thumps harder within the confines of its bony cage.