Fourth

ERRORS AHEAD

Wow... it's been so... long, right? :)

How have you all been.... ^^

This is a draft from 2019 so I hope you can still endure my writing... I improved a tiny bit now btw... haha...

You've been with me since I was 14, and a little life update: I turned 23 this year and I'm currently taking my Master's already. Life has been treating me less bad now, I hope it's also kind to you. <3

And yes, I missed you too.

——

Imagine having the worst start of your first year in this industry, that was really one of my biggest nightmares. Who would've thought I'd still be here after all of those? Sometimes the negative comments are still at the back of my head, slapping me when I feel too good about something but that's not important. What's important is that I am here on stage, and none of them knows I struggled real hard after that.

As long as you perform well and smile like nothing happened, they wouldn't really know.

I waved my hands right after I said goodbye to Climates, and was escorted to the backstage. We stayed there so the staff could remove the mics on us.

"Climates were going all out with the fanchants, aren't they?"

I glanced at Gyeoul who was still looking at the fans leaving the hall one by one.

Prime chuckled. "They were! I really didn't expect them to show because it was raining hard today but waaah, Climates are the best."

We just had our first comeback with our new song, Shut Up, it's about doing what you want and shutting up people by showing them that you can do it and you can do it very well. The fans really loved the concept right now because it included chains and dark theme in this come back, something darker than our debut song where we wore military type of costumes.

After the issue, more and more people spoke up regarding wearing whatever we want. Not just idols but even models and actors. It did seems like I was a sacrificial lamb but I guess it's all good as long as it ended as something that changes for the better.

MY MANAGER walked inside the conference room with papers in his hand, he just came from the meeting with the producers and the label of my supposed-to-be husband for the program. He looks relieved as he sat on the chair across mine.

I raised my eyebrows, "So?"

He slid the paper on the table in front of me which I picked up to read, "Both of the labels wanted the same terms and conditions so it went well, especially when it comes to conflict in schedules."

I nodded my head, still reading the content.

"Also, it is stated there that both you and your partner won't be allowed to communicate for six months after show. Both labels asked for the same clause."

My brows furrowed as I peek behind the contract to look at him, "What for?"

He stared at me like I was asking a stupid question, "So you won't date, I guess?"

He earned an eyeroll from me when I heard what he said. "I'm not going to date whoever he is." I don't have plans of dating anyone. Loving leads to heartbreaks so I believe it's better to be heartless, and in this industry, love comes and goes. Nothing stays.

Sinbi and I, we don't invest in temporary things.

IT WAS really an honor to be one of the first three brides of We Got Married Season 5 after their hiatus so when I got the offer, I grabbed it immediately because I knew that it's going to be something. However, the schedule was noted last night and it reflected on the digital calendar in my phone that I use to I can see my upcoming schedules, I realized that it's going to overlap with our repackage promotions.

It's still unclear if the filming will start right after performing or in the morning so I feel nervous and anxious, not knowing how I'll meet this virtual husband I'm about to have.

"Do you think he will be an idol?" Bom opened the cap of her juice and drank it.

I shrugged my shoulders, staring at the mirror in front of us, "He could be an actor too, or an athlete. I honestly don't know so I'm very scared."

She sighed, "I kind of feel something good about this. Tomorrow, right?"

I nodded my head, I already prepared my clothes for tomorrow morning so I could meet him looking pretty. Is it weird that I want him to like me as soon as we meet? Ugh, this is really getting into my nerves. Sometimes I feel like I made the bad decision agreeing with this show but I also think it's going to help me in so many ways. "Will this look good on me?" I asked for her advice and we spent the rest of the night with the other members helping me pick the right clothes to wear, even asking our stylist.

"PLEASE TAKE care on your way home!" I waved my hands, saying goodbye to our fans despite panting heavily. "Make sure to bring umbrellas with you everyday!" The weather has been gloomy for days and it was reported last night that there is a typhoon coming. The other members said some words before we finally got down the stage. "I'm so exhausted," I grabbed the bottled water and drank some but I paused when a different camera was focused on me. Wait, we're already filming? I thought this was just another backstage cam!

Gyeoul chuckled and tapped my shoulder, "Are you ready to meet your future husband?"

I laughed at her, and walked beside her to our dressing room. I'm sweating so much! I can already assure myself that I will look awful for the first episode, ugh! She opened the door and I followed after, keeping the door open so the cameras could follow us inside. Yeoreum handed me tissues so I could wipe the sweat off my face, "Thanks."

The staff instructed us to sit on the couch, as they position in front of us. Designating a camera per member, I don't even know how to act naturally. A year after debuting, I still feel uncomfortable with a camera. There was even a time that the company had to install cameras that weren't turned on inside our dorm to help me adjust with it, however, I just couldn't fully grasp it but it did help somehow. Summer sat beside Gyeoul who was sitting beside me while Yeoreum sits on the other side."

"Ready?" Yeoreum whispered, I nodded my head. One staff gave me the signal to clap as a slate which I did.

"Do you want to help me guess who it might be?" I asked them, seeing that one staff handed a red envelope to the main cameraman. I knew that so well, years of watching this show. That red envelope will always make me nervous because it could either be a task or the marriage ending. Surely, it's the former today because my virtual marriage hasn't started yet.

"This is really hard to guess though?" Prime butted in.

Yeoreum fixed the blanket on her lap, "There are lots of celebrities these days that I don't know which name I should mention."

The cameraman reached out his hand, holding the envelope. I bit my lip and took it as the members teased, "Who could it be?"

I slowly opened the envelope, Gyeoul placed her face next to mine to read the letter but as I read it, there's no name here. "I should go to this address?" I asked the staff.

The PD-nim nodded her head.

Shit. I'm really meeting him today? "Do I have a good set of clothes for today?" I asked my stylist at the corner of the room. I can't wear my stage costume! This is exciting and nervewracking at the same time. Will he like me? Wait—what if he doesn't? Oh, my gosh. Does he even know me? My reputation hasn't been good lately... will it be a huge trouble?

Prime touched my shoulder, "I think you still look good with these clothes on!"

Staring at myself on the mirror, I realized she was right, there's nothing else I can wear anyway.

Gyoeul glanced at the producer sitting on the floor, "Please make sure her husband treats her well, PD-nim. Our Autumn can get really picky with food and shy with strangers so I hope you'll give her an understanding guy."

The PD-nim chuckled at the sudden statement, "Don't worry, she's in safe hands."

---

Actually just here to ask you, if you prefer that I continue the rest of the story here or is it okay if we transfer to ao3? (^^;)

Just keeping my promise for the 10th anniv even as one shot.