Two: The Wedding Part One

The Weasley's back yard was packed, so to say. There was an endless sea of redheads as well as a few reporters with their cameras magically floating around, snapping pictures of the venue.

From behind a curtain, one bespectacled eye peered through the slit, immediately spotting Hagrid and Rita Skeeter's blonde curls, her Quick Quotes Quill writing rapidly. There was a knock on the door that Harry was getting ready in and he said, "Come in!"

Hermione and Ron stepped in, closing the door behind them. Hermione was dressed in a flowing, magenta dress that complimented her figure. Ron was wearing fine maroon dress robes that were ten times better than the ones he had in fourth year.

"Harry, you look so handsome!" Hermione squealed. She was right; Harry was wearing black robes with silver etchings on the sleeves that looked like vines, but they moved in pleasant patterns. He had black pants and dress shoes that were surprisingly comfortable.

Harry grinned. "I could say that to both of you."

"Ah, " Ron chuckled, "but who's the one getting married, again?"

The grin slid off of Harry's face and he started to fidget nervously. He suddenly felt very queasy. "What if it goes south and he gets cold feet at the alter?"

"Draco would never do that to you, Harry, " said Hermione. "I'm sure he's just as nervous as you."

Nervous was right. Three doors down, in what used to be Percy's room, Draco was pacing madly, his hair a complete and utter mess and he didn't even have his robe on.

"---and he for sure won't want---"

"Mate, " Theo interrupted tiredly, for this was the third time Draco went off the rails. "Slim it and get your robe on."

"How in the bloodiest hell am I supposed to be calm?!" Draco asked, running his hands through his blonde locks for the umpteenth time that night. "This entire thing was planned in two weeks! Two!" Draco said, holding up two of his pale fingers, his hand shaking wildly. "Oh, Merlin, he's taking my name!"

Theo was gesticulating for Draco to calm down. "Draco, put your robe on and stop stressing!"

Draco hastily threw on his robe, almost putting it on backwards. When he finally got it on straight, he looked very handsome; it was identical to Harry's except the robe was silver with black, moving etchings. If he tilted his head just a bit, you could see the tattoo ink that was on his neck. He smoothed his hair down but didn't use any gel. It makes your face look softer, he remembered Harry saying once as he babbled like a baboon. "Potter-Malfoy doesn't sound right, so we decided on Malfoy-Potter."

"That's great. I'm going to check on him real quick." Theo said, leaving the room quickly. He went and knocked on Harry's door and whispered to Ron and Hermione, "You need to go see Draco. He might vomit soon."

They both nodded and left the room while Theo walked in. "Hey, Harry."

Harry, who was sitting down and pouring over the Promises, looked up and started bawling his eyes out. Theo rushed over and Harry sobbed, "I'm so n-n-nervous! I can't d-do it, Theo!"

Theo put his hands on Harry's shoulders. "Harry, it's fine. You'll do amazing. Draco's so excited he almost vomited!"

Harry laughed and wiped at his eyes. "I'm so nervous, Theo."

"I know, " Theo said kindly. "But you'll do great. I'm excited and I'm not getting married."

Suddenly, a bell rang and Theo gave Harry one last pat before leaving the room and walking outside in the cool, summer night air. Theo, Hermione, and Ron found their seats under a tent of wonderful fairy lights. There were a dozen cameras from reporters floating around and taking pictures of everything. Draco had two floating around and snapping pictures.

When a cheery, happy song was started up by the band, the two flower girls started to walk down the aisle. Victoire and Dominique, both dressed in pale blue, knee-length dresses with bows on their backs, had little baskets full of blue flower petals. They threw them a bit too enthusiastically, for some of the petals landed on innocent bystanders heads.

Teddy was next, wearing a matching pale blue suit. He, being four and fully able to walk, carried a small pillow with the two rings, both tired to it for safety. The crowd cooed as Teddy's hair turned lilac and sunshine yellow. He stood near Aberforth, who was the minister and patted Teddy's head.

When a jaunty, yet mournful song started up, the crowd stood, facing the Burrow. Harry and Draco walked out hand in hand, both smiling widely at each other. When they made it to the alter, they separated and the crowd sat down. Now, only the reporters were left standing and writing fervently.

Aberforth smiled at the two and started the ceremony. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the combining of souls and the marriages of Draco Lucius Malfoy and Harry James Potter. First, we shall read the Promises. Draco Malfoy will start."

Draco grabbed Harry's hands, saying softly but loudly, "Harry James Potter---" Harry shivered but smiled. "---my Promise to you is that I will always be there for you and love you more than anything . . .aside from cake. I really do like cake." A laugh rippled through the crowd as Draco finished, "Through sickness and health, through death or birth."

Harry's voice quivered slightly as he said, "My Promise to you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, is that I will always love you and listen to you and . . .and I will, no matter what, find you too attractive for your own good. Through sickness and health, through death and birth."

Aberforth paused for a moment and said, "Now, if there are any objections, speak now or forever be silent." With a smile, he motioned for Teddy to step towards them and they took the rings as he finished, "Harry James Potter and Draco Lucius Malfoy, I pronounce you married. You may now kiss the groom."

There was a cheer as Draco stepped forward and pressed his lips gently against Harry's and wrapped his arms around his waist, lifting Harry up and spinning him around. They laughed, so full of nerves and joy. Harry could distinctively hear Hagrid's dustbin lid sized hands clapping loudly.

That's when the real party started.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!