Liam

(2 days earlier)

I wake up to bright as lights and my mom sobbing.

My dads consulting her.

I move my hand from hers and wipe my face.

"Liam, your awake!" she screams.

I just nod. Pointing to the water beside her.

She gives it to me and I drink.

"Where's Briana?" I ask.

They look at each other.

"You see, Tony left her there to get you here and she had to be held back by Alejandro," she explains.

"He should be here with her soon," my dad says. I nod.

"I hope she's okay," I say.

"Son, she fine. It's whatever, she's just another one of those girls who uses you for money and sex, I hope you know that," he answers.

My mom slaps him upside the head.

"If your calling my fiancé a whore then I hope you know I will choose her over you," I say looking up at him. He looks shocked.

"Explain," He says. And I do, I tell him everything.

*****

"So you have to give her the test," my dad says looking directly into my eyes.

"What test?" I ask.

"You have to test her loyalty and ability," he responds.

"How?" I ask confused.

"Well this is the perfect opportunity, we could see how she reacts to us and me being a dick, then we could fake your death and see how she responds," he says. I look at him likes he's psycho.

"Who would do that?" I ask.

"Your father," my mom says glaring daggers at him.

"Well he faked his death but he faked the whole thing, your actually got shot so it's a perfect opportunity." She says. Now I look at her like she's crazy.

"Your agreeing with him?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes sweetie, we have to know her ability and loyalty, we have to trust her. If anything were to actually happen to you we would need her to make important decisions for the gang and for Christ sakes she having my grandkids, I don't want no gold digging slut barring my babies," she states.

I laugh.

"She is no slut, I'll promise you that. She is so strong and independent. She such a strong headed badass and she doesn't even know it." I say.

My mom smiles hugely and my dad nods trying to hide his.

"Fine, but when she's pissed and won't talk to me, I'm blaming y'all," I say. The nod.

"I'm going to sleep," I say. They nod again.

*****

My shakes me to wake me up.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Some girl is screaming out there and by the sounds of it, she seems like a perfect candidate of your lovely Briana," my mom says.