Chapter 36 No Cookies

:Ellana:

I sit in the corner of the couch, blowing on my tea, as Jack preforms fortnite dances aggressively.

I realize this is not something I will get to see every day.

That, I'm thankful for.

I dunno, I think it's sorta cute. 

Well, of course you do. 

You just mated last night. Let him rejoice.

Yesterday was embarrassing enough. Once I found out what was happening, I was panicked, because all those men were just staring at me like I was a piece of meat.

'Like a what?!'

I jump at the sound of Jack's voice in my head.

"Nothing. Just go back to... whatever that was."

Jack cocks his head, anger flaring in his eyes. "Did you say what I think you said?"

I stare at him. "Depends on what you think I said."

He sucks his teeth, nodding and smiling. But, that's not a friendly smile. He spins around and heads to the front door.

I groan and follow suit after setting my mug down. "Don't kill them."

"Oh, I won't." He stops at the door. "I'm gonna whoop some asses, though."

I try to think of an excuse for those poor guys. They couldn't help it. I was in damn heat. "You don't even know where they are, so ha."

"Is that what you think?" He opens the door, and right before he closes it, he adds, "Where else would they be?"

Crap. Those guys are going to get punished because of me. I mean, they would get what they deserved. Plus, I've never really gotten to see his angry alpha tone used...

But, no. It's wrong. He probably ran over there, and now he's yelling at them. Hell, he probably forced somebody to fight him already.

I open the door.

"Agh, shit!" I yell and close it, again. "Nope. Where's my coat?" I grab it off the hook and slip into it, then try again.

By the time I reach him, he's already got guys in the ring. Not literally, but it sure looks like somebody's gonna die.

I see his back tense, so I know I don't have to tell him I'm here.

'What are you doing?' he asks.

'I'm making sure nobody dies.'

'Trust me, somebody is gonna die.'

'If you kill someone, I'm leaving you.'

He spins around, infuriated. 'You wouldn't.'

'Would I, though?'

'You wouldn't dare run again.'

"Uh, Alpha?" The man looks unsure of what to do.

Jack ignores him, because he's busy glaring daggers at me.

I know this is mean to say this stuff to him, but if he is going to be mean, I can be, too. 'I don't know, would I run again?' I cross my arms.

His eyes narrow to mere slits. 'I will make sure you don't escape if you do,'

'Oh, really? Your pack trusts me, now. I can say that I am going for a walk.'

'I will tell them not to let you through.'

'Who are they going to listen to? The deadly alpha, or the pretty luna who can protect them from you?'