Chapter 3- Playland

Chapter 3- Playland

Pristine barely slept. Her mind was consumed by the memories of Kyle. She blamed it on Chance for snooping on her diary and reminding her of the hurtful memories they held.

"Sweetheart, get up! Breakfast is ready," Callie announced as she entered Pristine's room.

Pristine groaned in response as she reluctantly rose up from her comfortable bed.

"Do you have work today?" Callie asked.

"No," she replied as she stretched.

"Then do you mind taking Steph to Playland? We promised her we'll go today but I forgot we had a meeting with Mr. Regan."

"Okay," Pristine agreed. She's been planning on spending time with her sister today anyway.

"Thank you," Callie smiled. "Now get up, bacon is waiting for you."

Stephanie rushed towards the slides as soon as they arrived at Playland. Pristine sat on a corner table by the parent's area and started reading a book as she occasionally glanced at her little sister. She saw Stephanie collide with a boy as she was running. Stephanie fell on her bum and started to cry. Pristine rush to her sister and was about to console her when the little boy gently patted Stephanie's back.

"I'm sorry. Don't cry," he apologized softly. "Pretty girls are not supposed to cry."

Stephanie looked up to him and hushed a little. He helped her up and asked. "Are you alright now?"

Stephanie nodded in response.

"Good! Let's ride the slide together!" the boy grinned and held his hands towards her.

Stephanie smiled and enthusiastically grabbed his hand. Pristine couldn't help but smile. 'How cute,' she thought. Her mind drifted to her own childhood when Chance treated her like the little boy treated Stephanie.

"Prez!" Chance exclaimed when she tripped and fell on the ground. 

She began to cry as she clutched her knees which supported a tiny scratch.

"Are you okay? Can you walk?" Chance asked her in panic.

She just continued to cry as Chance assessed her. Suddenly, Chance gave her wound a light kiss which caused her to hush. She stared at him in shock as her innocent mind compared her situation to a princess being rescued by her prince charming.

"Don't cry Prez. I'll take care of you," he assured. 

"Can you walk?" he asked.

She couldn't find her voice. Instead she nodded. Gently, Chance helped her up and guided her to her house where he sat her on one of the sofas. He gave her one last kiss on the forehead before running to Callie to ask for the help.

Later, Stephanie came running to Pristine asking for a drink. Pristine gave her a bottle of water before quickly whipping off her sweat. 

"Can I have ice cream?" Stephanie asked as she enviously looked at a kid eating a popsicle.

"Sure." Pristine was about to lead her to the ice cream bar when she realized that the boy Stephanie was playing with was looking at them curiously.

She smiled at him and asked, "What's your name?"

"Daniel," he replied.

"Hi Daniel, I'm Pristine," she introduced herself. She wanted to ask if he would like to have an ice cream as well. But she knew that would be inappropriate and creepy. She would need to ask permission from the boy's parents first.