Love Drought (Ariana)

"Thank you to everyone who watches these originals and likes and subscribes. You guys truly make my entire life." Putting my guitar unto the stand next to me; I looked at the camera again. "We're almost to 70K subscribers! Let's keep it going." With a wave, I turned off the camera, and immediately moved my equipment over to my laptop. Now comes the tedious task of editing.

My YouTube channel was finally growing, and though I was nowhere near famous, I had a small base of fans who were more loyal than anything I had ever seen. I just wish I could catch my break so I could be singing and performing for them live.

I had been posting my original songs to YouTube for about three years now in the hopes of someone influential enough hearing it and deciding to give me a shot. It hadn't happened yet, but a girl can dream. "Hey baby."

I was knocked out of my daydreams about touring and making music with actual producers by the voice of my girlfriend. We had been together for going on two years now; after she found one of my videos and reached out to me. She was one of my biggest fans, supporting me with my videos and music whenever she could.

"Hey gorgeous. How was work?" I wrapped my arms around her waist, looking up at her from my chair as she stood between my legs.

"Literal hell." Ariana pouted. "Why I ever thought that getting a part-time job at the mall, while I'm going to college, was a good idea is beyond me. Teenage kids are the most obnoxious little shits on the Earth."

I chuckled, leaning forward to kiss the exposed strip of skin between her shirt and jeans. "Because the only thing worse than working while going to college is being broke and going to college."

"That is very true."

Laughing, I stood up and took her in my arms. "Want me to help you relax, baby? How's a massage sound?" Nodding her head eagerly, she jumped unto me, wrapping her legs snugly around my waist. "Damn. I might need the massage after lugging your heavy ass around."

She slapped my shoulder, giggling. "Fuck you."

"After the massage."
-------------------------------------

I opened my front door with a groan. Exhaustion was pulling at every inch of my body after working a twelve hour construction shift, and I just wanted to take an extremely long, hot shower and pass out on my bed.

I was walking past the kitchen when my ears caught unto the low voice of my girlfriend. She was singing Loving You by Minnie Riperton, and holy hell why did she never tell me she could sing that beautifully?

The raspy yet crystal clear tone of her voice was gorgeous, and I couldn't help but pull up my phone and open up Instagram. The world needed to hear this angel too. I tilted the phone around the corner cautiously, capturing Ariana washing dishes as she sung out loud.

All of a sudden she hit a whistle note so effortlessly and perfectly that I choked. Coughing, I almost couldn't hold in my laughter as Ariana whipped around. It took her barely anytime at all to see me recording her. "Baby," She laughed and whined at the same time, smiling as she came closer to me and the camera. "Why are you recording?" The video ran out of time just as she finished her sentence, and I beamed at how cute she looked in it. Wifey material right there.

"I'm posting it to my Insta story."

"Noooo."

Her eyes widened, and she came up to snatch the phone, but I was too fast for her. "Ari, please? I really want to show the world how talented you are."

A blush dusted her tan cheeks, a shy smile filling her lips. "You think I'm talented?"

"Insanely so! Why did you never tell me you could sing?"