chapter 26

11:00pm
Clark was walking through the late night streets of NYC. Bright lights from marques, taxi cabs speeding, groups of friends hanging out together. He needed to clear his mind from Mandy's antics. He started to get this vibe from her that wasn't pleasant at all. He walks into the nearest bar and decides to drink his sorrows away. He sits on the barstool and lays his head on the counter with his arms supporting his head.

"Rough night?" The bartender asked.

His head snaps up to the sudden voice.

"Yeah...I guess you can say that. I'm having a problem." Clark said.

"Well if you wanna talk about it, I'm here. That's what bartenders are for." The man said with a chuckle.

"I would appreciate it a lot," Clark said.

"Well, what can I get you, sir?" He asked.

"Whiskey sour please," Clark said.

"Coming right up!" he says as he walks away to make the drink.

Clark's mind was filled with so many thoughts. Is Mandy controlling him? Does she actually care for him? Does he like Mandy? Does he still love Ruby? Who was the guy with Ruby? Did she move on? Why did she seem uncomfortable with him?

"Here you go, man. One whiskey sour." the bartender said.

"Thank you," Clark said.

"Alright so talk to me. What problems you got?" He asked.

"Love problems...." Clark said.

"Ooh...touchy subject." He said.

"I know....but it's eating me alive and I really need to talk about this to someone. Maybe get some advice." Clark said

"Well, I'm no love doctor but I'm sure I can think of something. So what's going on?" He asked.

"Okay, well let me start from the very beginning. I met this girl 5 months ago. We met at her job and I guess you can say it was love at first sight. Her skin, her eyes, her lips, her voice, her body....everything. She's honestly the prettiest girl I have ever laid eyes on. But anyway, after we met I coincidentally moved into the same apartment building as her, and I'm on the same floor living a few doors down from her. So one morning I decided to say hi to her and fully introduce myself. And then it pretty much went good from there. We hung out, went on dates...had sex a few times. The sex....it was just mind blowing!" Clark exclaimed.

"Sure sounds like a great woman. What exactly do you guys do since you talk about it like it's the greatest thing in the world?" He asked.

"Let's just say I like a woman that can tame me," Clark says with a soft chuckle.

"Oh, I see....you like those dominate women." He said.

"Yeah, I do. But back to the story, after this one date, I left her a note in her apartment confessing that I love her. I was too scared to say it to her face. That was kinda where I fucked up because she stopped talking to me for a month. I was just hurt. I was worried that I messed up our relationship. Then I told my friend from college about the situation to make myself feel better. One thing led to another and I ended up having sex with her." Clark said.

"Ah...you went for the rebound card," he said.

"I don't know if I would call it a rebound. I was never dating this girl in the first place. But anyway, ever since I hooked up with my friend, she's been acting weird. Whenever I talk about the girl I used to love, she just distracts me by seducing me in every way possible. It's like she's manipulating me and I don't like it at all. I mean she's great and all but she doesn't compare to the one girl I loved." Clark said.

"Sounds like you're in some very deep shit. Let me ask you something, this dominant girl....you still love her?" he asked.

"Yes. With all my heart. Even though we haven't talked in so long...I still love her. I just.....I don't know how to get rid of my friend." Clark said.

"Well just dump the bitch." He said.

"Which one?" Clark asked.

"The one that left you hanging. She just stopped talking to you after you confessed your love and she ignored you." He said.

"I don't know man...I know it was wrong, but I can't leave her." Clark said.

"I mean your friend might be doing you a favor." He said.

"You think? But she's becoming a little bossy. Not to mention, sometimes I cry after we have sex. Because I just feel used by her." Clark said.

"You cry? What are you? A pussy?" He asked with a chuckle.

"I-I mean...I hope that doesn't make me one. I just feel guilty. I thought my friend and I would hook up only one time and that'll be it. But she's been wanting to spend time with me every single day. Mostly for sex." Clark said.

"Well, you better enjoy it. You're single buddy! You can fuck any girl you want! That one girl doesn't want you obviously. She played you badly. I know you like your women dominate, but they just want some shy guy like you to use and abuse. They wanna tie you up and hit you with whips. That's scary dude. I'm just saying you should stay with your friend. I know she may be acting a little off, but she's only protecting you." He said.

"I guess I'll keep that in mind. Thank you uh....." Clark said.

"Derrick." He said.

"Thank you, Derrick. It was nice talking to you." Clark said.

"Likewise. Good luck with that lady problem. And don't worry about the drink, it's on the house." Derrick said.

"Thanks, Derrick. You have a good night." Clark said.

"You too," Derrick said.

Derrick watches Clark as he leaves the bar.

"Poor guy," Derrick said to himself.

Looks like Clark has met Derrick! What will be Clark's next step in the situation?
Vote! Comment! Follow!
Bye!💋