𝒲𝑜𝓇𝒹 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒜𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇

Hello and welcome to this story, dear readers! It is with great excitement that I present to you this new and different story of Neverland. I got the idea from:

• watching Peter Pan (2003),
• reading J.M. Barrie's "Peter and Wendy", and,
• reading a bit of Christina Henry's "Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook".

     The entire idea stemmed from wondering whether Captain Hook was truly evil all this time and whether he was always the antagonist behind the scenes. What if he was young, innocent, and good at one point? What if it was Peter who was truly the enemy? I also really wanted some mystery and romance mixed into it, so I created Angela and Moira to give the story a lot more dimension. I wondered, how can I turn a simple love story into something more? So everything came together in a rush of inspiration and I was able to come up with this.

     I also had a dream with Captain Hook when I was younger (must've been around 12-19) in which we had been adventuring in Neverland, only to come back to the Mainland, and standing at the window of my room, in which he asks, "what would your mother think if you were a pirate?" Unfortunately, I can't recall more from that dream, but it sowed the seeds of wonder for this particular tale years ago.

     In this story, you may notice that Angela's character may have different actresses representing her in the images. The actress I have in mind for Angela is Camila Queiroz, who happens to be in the cover of the story, but we can pretend that the actresses in the images are her. After all, the images are only here to bring about the aesthetic or give you, the reader, a visual representation of what's going on. :)

     Anyways, I digress. Whether you have read these books or not, or whether you're as much of a Peter Pan fan as I am, I sincerely hope you enjoy the tale I bring you.

     Sail on!

     — Nyx

P.S. I do not own any of the images posted in this story. All rights are reserved to their respective owners. All images are used to give the reader an idea/visual reference/aesthetic of the story and/or each individual chapter.