Chapter 10

LEA WOKE UP as if there's an emergency. Her heart is pounding and she felt like she has just ascended from a 50-year-old grave. Her mouth felt dry and when she opened her heavy eyelids, she was greeted by nothing but darkness. She tried to clear her throat and was surprised by how groggy her voice sounded.

Lea decided to rise and her back immediately misses the feeling of being burrowed in the soft cushion. Her bed couldn't be this soft. Still blinded by the darkness, Lea couldn't make up her environment but she is aware that there is no sign of another person around. She placed her hands around her temples as if waiting for an excruciating pain to come caused by her sudden movement but surprisingly, there's nothing. "Nasaan ako?"

All of a sudden, brightness swallowed the whole room. She had to blink her eyes a couple of times to adjust from the lighting. When she's sure her eyes are capable of seeing with a clear vision, they roamed around and look at her surroundings as fast as possible.

Beautiful. It's like waking up in a dream. Ironic. This is definitely a space for a man. The shape and form of the bed are just beautiful with simple side wall lamps on both sides. A sheen gray curtain is added to the window. White frames are hanging on the wall. Fur carpets. Soft beddings. She found herself in a very big dark color themed bedroom which gives off a distinct masculine vibe. The apparent lack of sunlight is actually a way to create a cocoon-like design in dark colors but the lightings are incredible. The bedroom smells of chocolate and that very fact made her calm once again. Expensive-looking.

The room got only neutral colors that include white, black, gray and nude, mostly what her entire wardrobe looks like. Now, she didn't know how she got herself in a rich man's bachelor pad. If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up.

"You're awake."

Lea gasped and immediately clutched her chest for the impending heart attack. How could he scare her like that? Lea looked at the man standing by the door, adorned by a simple white v-neck shirt and a pair of jeans. He could pass as Superman but unfortunately, he is not that trustworthy.

"Where am I?" Lea can feel her panic starting to surge.

"In my bedroom, in my house," Aga said it like it's common knowledge.

"Diba sinabi ko sayong I hate you? Bakit nandito ako?" She pushed her brain to start working again in the quest to find out how she got into this enchanting yet dangerous place however, her memory served her short.

"When is the last time you eat?" Aga placed his hands on his hips and phased inside the room. This is totally his territory and he fits right in.

"Hindi mo ba ko narinig? Galit ako sa'yo. Ayoko dito!" She can't stand the fact that he's ignoring her sentiments as long he could interrogate her. The audacity.

"Kailan ka huling kumain? Lea, answer me!" Uh oh! Now he gets to be mad for no reason at all, Lea thought.

Antipatiko! "Fine! I ate my breakfast at 6:27 AM. Now, hindi ko alam kung today or yesterday. How long have I been sleeping here? Uuwi na 'ko. This is the first time that I slept in someone else's house for a very long time. I need to go home."

Lea swept the blanket away from her body and tried to stand up. Aga was immediately at her side to pin her shoulders down.

"Relax Lea, relax!" He backed down a bit. "You've only been knocked out for six hours. Nothing else happened. Trust me."

Lea looked up and glared at him. "The only thing I trust right now is my memory." Aga stepped back to lean on his smooth black wall and crossed his arms over his chest, looking very unbothered by her drama. Who does he think he is? How can he act so cool after what happened earlier? I hate this tyrant, bossy, and overbearing man.