ᵒ⁵. ᵗʰᵉ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳᵐᵃᵗʰ.

༉˚*ೃ ᵒ⁵. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇!
( tw. homophobia )

𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 to work the next day with a head of un-brushed hair and a dozed-off look on her face, head being cracked open with a hammer each time she blinked and eyes burning like miniature suns. It was the first thing Steve pointed out—rather rudely, Rain thought, who was Steve Harrington to tell a girl she looked like a mess?—and Rain had just blinked painfully at him. Her solution had been to simply sit down in one of the Scoops Ahoy booths and try to ride out the hangover.

          "Tell me," said Robin as she wiped a cloth down one of the tables, letting Rain sit back in the couch with her head propped back, "How late did you stay up last night?" Rainbow was incredibly hungover. Maybe she did drink a bit too much. God, she couldn't even remember half of it. The moments were all blurred together like some kind of acrylic painting. She remembered Harry, and Cherry inviting her up onto the table, and doing shots with some of the girls, and then making out with Jennifer, and that was about it.

          The lights were too bright, and Rain opted to shut her eyes. She thought about the question momentarily, feeling like she might vomit. She already had twice that morning. "Uh... until like, four AM." It was a miracle she'd gotten out of her house this morning without both of her parents smothering her with questions.

          The cleaning cloth halted its movements on the table. "You mean to tell me you only got four hours of sleep last night?" Robin sounded alarmed, as if she was ready to put Rain right back to sleep on this couch here and now.

          Rain made a face, turning her head to look at Robin while squinting. "I mean, yeah. It was a party, Robin."

          Her co-worker huffed as if she didn't care the circumstances. "You should still be sleeping, Bow." She blew some of her hair out of her face and looked at Rain suspiciously. "Please don't die of sleep deprivation on me."

          A groan left Rain's round lips and she dropped her head surprisingly hard on the table with a loud thunk. "Ugh, Robin, it was one night. I'm not going to die." Then she let out an, "ow," because she hadn't anticipated hitting the table that hard. She opted to just lay there for a moment, because her mind was spinning once again. Ugh, she should have drunk less. But it had been so fun.

          "You better not, Princess. I don't want to be stuck working with just Harrington again." The boy was back working serving the customers again. He'd been kind enough to put Rain on clean-up duty after seeing how unhinged she looked. Steve—the Keg King of Hawkins High—probably knew all too well how a bad hangover felt. Rain was incredibly thankful for him in that moment, even if he was terrible at picking up girls and was an idiot most of the time.