chapter 1 - futon bed

"God! You gotta be kidding me right now..." I growled as I slammed my hands on my desk. I slid down my wall and sat on the ground, on the verge of the hundredth mental breakdown of the week. I'm emotionally unstable because of this job.

"You gotta quit being such a crybaby..." Aliana Smith sighs as she brushes her afro out of her face, "you'll get a huge bonus after this case!"

"I wish I could take the case, but I look 'too old' to be a high school student..." Kojo remarks, "you're gonna get a wad of cash! THIS IS GONNA BE THE DRUG BUST OF THE DECADE!" He fisted the air in excitement.

"Wanna look younger? Just shave your crusty 'stache..." Aliana scoffs. Kojo gripped his heart as if he was impaled by a sword.

A cocaine based candy-like drug has been spreading like the rapids around the state of New York, but rumour has it that it all started at Eastside High school. A fucking highschool eastside of New York, not even Brooklyn, Queens or NYC...

Drugs were typically are found in Brooklyn, but I guess not anymore.

"Dude, technically you have been on this case for... since you got here!"

"I know, but-" I start, "I wasn't undercover! I had a nice, cozy, comfortable desk job. High school is just a building full of kids obsessed with dildos and vodka..." I paused, "At least I can come home afterwards... I will look forward to that."

"Dude- you know this is a boarding school right?" Kojo asks.

"What?"

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Eastside is a boarding school. You got dorms there!" Aliana pitches in. Her hands were occupied by her hair.

"But like we said before, you get a HUGE bonus! You might receive an award too!" Kojo tried to lighten up the mood.

"Plus it's a compliment! Captain Lee thinks you're...uh... capable!" Aliana blew a strand of hair away from her face.

I stared at her with an 'are you kidding me' expression plastered on my face.

I quickly slammed my hands on the table again.

"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! Like what the fuck! Is Captain Lee that-that stupid? He's a fucking retar-"

Captain Lee walked into my shouting and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Retard? Come to my office, kid..." He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed, "now."

"Ouuu you in trouble!"

"Shut up Ali..."

I sat down in Captain Lee's office and mentally scolded myself for being such a loudmouth.

"So, I see you've heard about the Eastside case you've been assigned to." He started and I nodded.

"Man up and stop being such a bitchboy about it c'mon!" He added, anger lacing his voice.

"I- Yessir." I hung my head low.

"Okay, that's a start. Here are your files." He threw me a stack of manilla coloured files in front of me. On the front of the first file, with my profile paperclipped on. I took it out and inspected it.

Agent: 223
Name: Grayson Red
Age: 24
Occupation: Agent

Then, there was a school information form.

SCHOOL INFORMATION:
Name: Noah Mason
Age: 19
Occupation: Student
Guardian/Parents: Mason Lee

A fake address, phone number, contact were put on it as well as my fake name.