Chapter-46

Ariana

"In one word, what you live for?" He asked in a low whisper.

"Hope" (And you are everything I hoped for.) I wanted to add this too but I stopped myself from saying it.

We were engrossed in our talk that we didn't know when we reached the park. The park was empty, no one was there.

"Hey, see there's a swing, let's go there. It's been ages since I sat on a swing." I happily exclaimed. I didn't care if I was wearing heels, I ran towards the swing, leaving Xavier behind. He was calling me but I only stopped when I reached near the swing.

Basically, I wanted to distract him from asking questions. I felt as if the talk we were having was going too deep which was ruining the fun. And I wanted to enjoy every single moment of the night.

"Come, Xavier, sit," I said, pointing at the swing.

"Are you serious, Ariana? That's for kids." He stated, looking at me weirdly.

"Oh come on, don't behave like a grumpy old man." I was behaving so childishly that I didn't know what I was saying.

"Old man?" He gaped at me. Then a smirk started forming on his lips. He came closer to me and stood just inches away from me.

"You think I'm an old man? Should I show you how much of an old man I'm? You'll be amazed to see the stamina of this old man. Just say yes and I'll show you." He winked. I stepped back, looking everywhere but him which made him laugh.

What does he mean by that? I was just joking & I don't want to see him showing off his exercising skills.

"You don't want to sit? Okay then, give me a push." I said, waving off his playful remark and sat on the swing. He first rolled his eyes then chuckled and came behind me.

"You're lucky that I like your childishness." He said and started giving a push to the swing. I was laughing heartily. I didn't even know when was the last time I was so carefree. I felt like a kid again.

Tonight, Xavier surprised me by bringing me to a Thai restaurant. I hadn't had Thai food for so long. I had been to a Thai restaurant before but not the classy one in which Xavier took me. I never had money to eat in exquisite diners.

Eating Thai reminds me of my father, whenever missing him becomes unbearable I either cook that food or go to a small Thai diner.

And Xavier just took my heart away by bringing me there. Since the day I married him, I didn't have Thai food and I was missing my father so badly. And Xavier fulfilled that wish too.

After giving the push to swing for almost five minutes, Xavier stopped the swing abruptly. Holding the chains of swing with my hands, I craned my neck to look at his face to find him staring at me, intently. His eyes were full of emotions.

I slowly stood up from the swing and stood in front of him. He cupped my face with one hand and caressed my cheek with a thumb.

"Did you enjoy the Date night?" He asked in a low whisper. I took both of his hands in mine and looked into his eyes.

"I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the place where we had dinner. You really surprised me by bringing me to that place. Unknowingly, you fulfilled my wish of having Thai food. This is the first date I have ever been to and I'm gonna remember it for life. Thank you, Xavier, for giving me the moments to cherish for all my life." I said with a smile.

He stared at me with many emotions lingering in his eyes.

"Ariana..I..I have something t..to tell you." He stuttered nervously, making me frown. He's always confident, he's never nervous.