Chapter 9

Sitting at the breakfast table Deva noticed Adamarius glance at her a few times since she arrived.  The whole family ate their food in silence until Izzy finally decided to break it.

"So my birthday is coming up?"

Deva instantly felt cheered up. "Really?"

Izzy nodded with excitement. "Yup and I was thinking of doing something."

Marcus gave her a pointed look. "Do you really want everyone to know you’re turning 227 years old?”

Deva smacked Marcus’ shoulder. “That’s not very old at all?” She tried to sound as convincing as possible.

Izzy giggled. “It’s alright Deva. You’ll be that age soon enough.”

To live 227 years was something to think about. That was a very long time. The more Deva thought the more she questioned her choice of existence. Did she really want to live that long?

“Well this year Deva and Julia are here. Why not throw a party and have some fun? After all don’t we have enough drama hanging around Deva as it is?”

“Amin to that,” Deva whispered.

It would be a great distraction after all.

“What about the dog? Do we put it out for the night?” Darius’ sarcastic remark was accompanied by a smirk.

Izzy frown. “Of course not.”

“The guests will talk. Adamarius looks exactly like us. They’ll want to know who he is.”

“Then it’s about time we tell them.” The Queen gracefully walked towards them.

The sun beating down on her face only brightened the warming smile on her face. Every time she glanced as her newly found son nothing could bring down her luminous joy.

“Is that wise?” Marcus knew his father wouldn’t agree with the idea and if he was there he would have voiced his own opinions.

“It’s about time society knew beside the council seems to have accepted him.”

The princes remained silent not wanting to push their mother or question her authority. After all it was only about time the world would find out about the scandal surrounding their family.

“Yes,” Izzy squealed. “There’s so much to do. Deva you will help me plan, won’t you?”

Deva nodded keeping her anxious nerves at bay.

Izzy clapped her hands together because containing her happiness was not an option. "Good. I'm going with Julia today to pick out my dress. Do you want to come?"

Deva swallowed. She wasn't too sure she could be in the presence of humans just yet. The nightmare of tearing Evie to pieces was just too much of a high risk possibility for any human around her. Deva would never be able to forgive herself if she hurt her best friend.

She was in a sense very relieved that her new situation meant no humans around her because that especially meant Red. Not seeing her was the best part of the whole predicament.

"No Iz. I don't think I can handle being around her just yet."

Izzy understood all too well. "I'm so sorry. I didn't think about that."

"It’s fine. Have fun and tell Julia I love her and miss her."

Izzy nodded before bending over and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "We'll plan something else together."

"Sure."

Everyone at the table watched as Izzy bounced out from her seat and skipped to the entrance of the castle. At least someone would be in high spirits at a time like this. Nobody wanted to squash her dreams or darken the mood, but that was always the case with Izzy.