Chapter 12

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I've been meaning to get to this back in December, but transitioning from busy college life to post-graduation has been a bit of a rocky road lol. On top of that, I'm still not a fan of Vince's POV, and probably won't be until a few more chapters where he'll eventually start to mature. Luckily, Simon's POV is a bit easier (more thought out) and those chapters should be faster to produce. The next few chapters for Simon will be, as it has been before, driving the plot a lot more, while the Vince chapters are a bit more filler and behind the scenes. Side note: I may throw in some other POV for these chapters since there's a lot of things to show that isn't really applicable in Vince's POV.

Chapter 12

Vince's POV

I woke up to hear Chase and Xavier talking about something I could barely understand, which wasn't a good sign. The two of them together usually meant they were going nag me or scold me as if I was a child. Despite my status as Alpha, they had no qualms of being a mother hen at every possible moment. I squinted, feigning sleep as the bright lights were blinding.

"I've told him over and over," Chase said.

"It's not working, and if this is going to continue to be an issue, then not only is his health at risk, but the pack's safety is too," my brother responded.

I bit my tongue, it is working. Just up the dose or whatever.

Chase continued, "The side effects are only getting worse, and his dependency on it isn't going to help. The bond works in mysterious ways and suppressing it for this long is most definitely why he's feeling such strong effects"

Fuck the bond, I wanted to say. The only bond that exists is the one between me and Sarah.

A few minutes went by with just silence, and I almost wondered if they had walked out when Xavier spoke up.

"If the pain was excruciating for Vince, I can't imagine what Simon is going through"

Rage bubbled in me and I couldn't hold still anymore. I shot up and glared at the two, a wave of dizziness wracking my brain from the sudden movement.

Still, with clenching fists, I shouted back with an authoritative voice, "I told you to never mention that name ever again"

Xavier just scoffed, unfazed at my outburst. "I was wondering when you would put your two cents in. Now that you have decided to get up, we need to talk about the suppressant you're on."

"You're not my doctor," I interjected.

"Well, I am," Chase punched my arm. "And honestly, Xavier isn't far off with the Simon comment; you're lucky to even have the option to suppress the bond. He's feeling it tenfold, and I've warned you what the suppressants would do. Being on it for this long is going to destroy you. You'll feel exactly what the bond is really like for him, probably worse. That is if he doesn't kill himself from it. You can't say I didn't warn you."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm pretty sure I told you that I don't give a shit about what he does. If he dies, it'd honestly be better, I wouldn't have to worry about those fucking suppressants. Problem solved."

Xavier crossed his arms, looking out the hospital window while Chase continued to nag about how important it was to keep him alive. Honestly, I didn't understand the fuss. Shit like this happens to rogues, their partners would die and they'd move on. Normal humans did the same shit, why was this any different?

"If you don't want to listen to me, fine. As your doctor, I'm just trying to inform you of the consequences of continuing down this path of destruction. Vince, are you even-"