Chapter 1

(ZAYNS POV)

(IN A CONFERENCE ROOM EARLY 2015)
(A.N:this is just my view of stuff,don't attack me lol)

Flashback
"We think it's best if you leave"She said,her words slapping me in the face.Did she really just say that?I stared at our manager,shocked into silence.

I turned towards Simon,Surely he'd have something to say about this!
"She's right Zayn".He said plainly,not quiet meeting my eyes.This was unbelievable, I'd been preparing myself for this,but this is such a hard blow.Was this even real?Was I dreaming?I had no idea.

"But-"Niall spoke up.

"The decision is Final"Harry Magae coldly cut in.

I felt as if someone had stabbed me.

"But that's not fair!"Liam completed for Niall. "It's his work that's paid off,it's his contribution that has got us where we are,if it wasn't for him,we'd be begging people to listen to us!" He suddenly stood up and said "I don't know what's going on inside that head of yours but I-"

"That's enough from you Liam,have a seat."Our manager said again,calmly,using that sugary voice I'd grown to hate.

"Look boys"Simon said in a no-nonsense voice, "I don't want to make it hard for any of you,but the thing is,as Liam pointed out,that it's Zayn who got you this far, and he's been doing most of the work, so to give him a break,and the rest of you a chance,we've decided on Zayn's departure from the group,besides imagine the hysteria and publicity this would create,agents will be dying to get a hold of you for interviews!And imagine the money people would pay!We know that this is a two way street,but it's a chance worth taking!"He proudly nodded towards me.

But we all knew the real reason behind them getting rid of me.

"This is wrong."Harry said,his eyes shooting daggers at Simon,but because I was sitting right next to him,I could see the tears in his eyes.

If they'd already made their decision on me leaving,then there was nothing we could say or do that would make them change their minds.

"Maybe it is"Harry Magae said smugly,Simon looked at him with a smirk on his face.

Louis sighed, "Look Simon, we all know that the idea of money coming out of all this is pure and utter bullshit,you're just looking for an excuse,and mark my words,you and this wretched company will get exposed for this,not by me,I'll grant you that,but someone else will definitely do it one day" He took a short breath, "and besides this isn't good for Zayn,or his image for that matter,and if you really,truly cared about the band,then you would've let us go on break last year when Harry brought up the idea,I mean we started off together,and we've all contributed,don't all of us deserve some time off?Or does that sound too rewarding?And if you're so into PR stunts then what's the purpose of this fucking band?"

That left Simon speechless and silence filled the room,for a moment at least.

"Louis,"he said calmly, "I'm not asking your opinion on any of this,and besides who the hell do you think you are?you aren't hot,you don't have that good of a voice, or a proper background,and you're telling me what to do! Remember,I'm the one who created One Direction,I gave you all you have,And I've got the power to take it from you".

That was enough to shut him up.

"Ask me if I give a fuck"he said quietly to himself.

"And Zayn",he said,turning his beady eyes towards me, "you are to work with Naughty Boy after your departure,we've arranged a contract for you,he needs recognition,and you're fine for the job,we'll make up an excuse, details are to follow.The meeting is dismissed."

That was what it was.

They'd sold me to Naughty Boy.

And gotten rid of me too.

That man is smart.

Flashback over