I Love You

Bonus Ending

The three months of summer vacation was over. Not that it was ever truly a vacation for you. It had been for Daeho aside from working more hours than he had ever put into school. Now that school was back in session, things were going to change for a lot of people. Daeho no longer had to go back to live with Jiyoo. Everything between them was completely cut off. Jiyoo refused to send over any money or let herself be attached to Daeho anymore. He was completely your responsibility. The legal papers would take a while to get finalized, but you were basically Daeho's legal guardian from now on. He's staying with you until he's ready to leave the nest on his own. He's already saving up quite a good sum for college to become a chef.

Both Haesung and Daeho had plans to become a chef in the future. Those two were closer than ever before. Especially since Daeho attends the same high school as Haesung now. They still spend just as much time together or close as they could get compared to summer. When they finish school, they hop on Haesung's bike over to Délice. They technically don't have to but insist on coming. They do homework together outside and then come in for the four hour shift. Sometimes they flip it around and do whatever they're feeling. Even with school, the two boys were insistent on keeping their jobs at Délice. They weren't going to quit with all their favorite people working there.

It's a good thing you're one of Daeho's favorite people. He's happy to continue working alongside you which is so adorable. Having him around and taking care of him only makes you feel more like a mom. It's something you've really grown to embrace now that have him around forever. There's no way you're letting this new piece of family slip away. Daeho is your son and you hummed to yourself as you drove him to school. The boy sat in the passenger's seat, not thrilled to hit the textbooks in the slightest. He never cared for school but at least he finally had a genuine friend going with him. Anytime anyone mentioned Haesung graduating early though, Daeho told them to shut up right away. Daeho is going to enjoy the time he has with his new schoolmate.

"We're here!" You slowed down in the crowded parking lot. So many teenagers were getting out of their parent's cars while some were riding their bikes. Some only walking from their nearby homes and chatting with friends. Daeho held his bag close, groaning as he stared at the large building.

"I'd rather work." Daeho scoffed.

"Come on. At least finish high school." You laughed, bringing your hand up to pet his hair. You fixed his hair up, pushing some of his brown locks out of his face. "My handsome boy~!"

"Eomma!" Daeho whined, unbuckling himself right away. He couldn't stand it when you babied and doted on him. Well, he pretended not to. He pouted at you with his cheeks puffed out. "I'm going to leave!"

"Ah, fine!" You sighed as he reached to open the car door. "You're lucky Haesung-a is waiting or else I would have demanded a little kiss." You grinned as his face flushed. He shook his head as he stepped out of the car. Unfortunately for Daeho, he takes some time getting out of the car. "BYE, SWEETIE!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! HAVE A GOOD DAY AT SCHOOL!"

"Hi, Imo!" Haesung waved with a smile while Daeho was red in the face. You greeted the boy before Daeho could slam the door shut. He kept his eyes on the ground as he rushed to Haesung. It was now your turn to embarrass Daeho. Haesung wrapped his arms around Daeho's shoulders as they went inside past the school gates.

Those two have only been in school for three months. While Haesung was in his third year, Daeho was a second year. Though they couldn't share any classes with each other, they always met outside of class. You're honestly lucky Daeho hasn't caused any trouble at school. The only time you had to deal with something was when he skipped class to crash Haesung's class. Somehow he thought that was a good idea. You made it clear with him though that if he begins to perform poorly at school that you'll have Jackson temporarily let him go. That had Daeho terrified so you basically had nothing to worry about. He also had Haesung around to help and inspire him.