12. But now they're no more

"So, we're gonna make a break for the door. Once he goes for us, I'll pretend to fall. He'll go for me and when he does that, don't look back. Not even for a second."
Jin had a calm expression.
"We can't leave you Jin."
Jungkook whispered.
"You can and you will. I believe in all of you. We're going to make a break for it soon so everyone be ready."
Jin hugged his friends, knowing that would be the last time he held them.

The five boys dashed for the stairs, the malevolent spirit in hot pursuit. Jin purposefully tripped at the top and the ghost lifted him by the throat.

As the other four ran out the door, they heard a sickening scream. Jin was gone, sacrificing himself for his friends.

The ghost bolted after them as they ran. The property seemed so much bigger as they sprinted down the driveway. A scream left Jimin's mouth as he fell, unable to get back up. Jungkook stopped running and turned to Jimin before sitting next to him and holding his hand.
"At least we'll die together hyung."

Yoongi and Y/n could see the end of the drive way. It was so close, but not close enough.

The spirit of Y/n's father grabbed Y/n by the leg, dragging him back. The boy sobbed and Yoongi looked back in horror. He had made it. He had passed the boundary and Y/n's father couldn't reach him.
"Y/N!"
Y/n looked at Yoongi and accepted his fate. History was destined to repeat itself and he had accepted that the moment they had lost Namjoon.

"GO YOONGI! GO!"
The boy gave Yoongi a small smile, his eyes brimming with tears. Yoongi could only stare in horror as Y/n was dragged away.

Yoongi sat in the police station, sobbing into Jennie's shoulder. After getting the call, Jennie knew what had happened. She and Lisa had gone to pick him up, knowing he had no one to turn to.
"Whoever did this to your friends, we'll do our best to find them."
An officer attempted to reassure him but he knew they wouldn't find him. What could the police do about a ghost?

"Stay with me as long as you need, okay? I could always use an extra hand around the shop so don't worry about rent or anything."
Yoongi nodded as Jennie showed him to his room.

Yoongi would never see his friends smile or laugh again. He'd never get to hear another joke from Jin. He'd never have Hobi to cheer him on. He'd never have any of his friends by his side again and that was why he promised to live the best life he could.

Namjoon was the first to go.
Hobi died trying to protect Taehyung.
Jin died to give his friends hope.
Jungkook and Jimin died together, knowing they wouldn't be alone.
Y/n died accepting his fate.

Yoongi would live on for them.