February 2, 2020

He was back today.

And his name is Daniel.

And I have a date with him on Friday.

Honestly, I'm sitting here sort of giggling like a maniac. God, it's been forever since I went on a date. The funniest thing is, I asked him! Me. Shy little Abby finally worked up the nerve to leap off that damn cliff. Ha!

Oh, I've sort of been nauseous about it all day. But a good sort of nauseous, if there's any such thing. I'm gonna say that there is. 

And, not to stroke my own ego or anything, but he actually looked really pleased when I'd asked him. It just popped out of my mouth. "Would you like to go for drinks on Friday?"

His pretty eyes had gone all wide like they did the first day we met, then he smiled. I hadn't noticed before how his eyes crinkled up at the corners when he grinned like that. Lilli was watching with her mouth hanging open, but he never looked anywhere but at me.

"Why not dinner?" he asked, leaning against the edge of the desk.

Of course, my initial bout of courage fled instantly and I barely managed to choke out, "Sure."

It's nowhere fancy. Just Chili's seeing as how neither of us is exactly rolling in dough. But it's nice enough for a first date, right? And honestly, I don't think I'd care if we just went to the city park and ate PB-and-J's. Not to sound particularly desperate. I don't necessarily think it's that, it's just I really want to get to know this guy.

He just...he just seems so familiar, somehow. Even his name strikes a chord—I know it the same way I know my brothers' names, or my parents'. I don't know why. I know it's probably crazy, but I don't care, it's just how I feel.

I don't know why. I'm like 98% sure I've never seen him before in my life.

And now I've decided I won't really have anything interesting to write about until then.

Maybe it's the sort of week to break more than one habit. I won't write until something interesting and/or exciting happens. I'll go on my first date since...

Since Brian.

There. I did it. I said I would someday.

It only took about two years.