February 12, 2020

I'm finally back home.

The hospital kept me for another full day of observation, but there was nothing seriously wrong with me. I had some pretty epic bruising across my face where the airbag had hit me and my collarbone had been fractured so my arm was in a sling, but otherwise I was okay.

Most of my body was sore and I was having attention problems, but they chalked that up to a minor concussion. I chalked it up to the random memories that kept ambushing me as they tried to file themselves properly into my brain.

I'm desperate to call Daniel. Desperate and terrified.

I don't know what to think of everything I saw. I'm starting to think that it was just some crazy coma dream, twisting together Daniel and way too many movie days. 

But...that's not quite right. That's my logical brain thinking, trying to make sense of trauma. 

My heart tells me everything was as real as the sloth pajama pants I'm wearing. As real as the bed I'm sitting on.

I need to talk to him.

But I don't know how to get past the guardian dragon otherwise known as Mom. She and Aiden came home with me, the rest of my family dispersing back to their lives and jobs. They all call me every day. I've spent more time on the phone in the past two days than I have in the last five years.

Maybe I can get Aiden to help devise a jailbreak. Getting in and out of places mostly undetected is sort of his thing. 

What if I'm wrong though?

What if I ask him about this, and it turns out that I am just crazy? What if he doesn't want anything to do with me?

The problem is I'm already half in love with him. Or...with those other versions of...him?

Ugh, I just don't know anymore. I don't know what to do and my head hurts and my chest hurts. I want to take a nap, but I'm afraid of dreaming some more. Or remembering some more.

                                                                                ~~*~~ 

I've got to call him.

I can't sit here and stew anymore. 

Even if I don't talk to him about all the crazy in my skull right now, I just need to see him. Explain that I didn't stand him up or anything.

Mostly...I just need to see him. To make sure that wasn't part of the dream.