Chapter Eleven

Having mapped all of the white holes coming from not only the one, but all of the adjacent universes, Sala was now in hardware mode. He was replicating new bodies in the adjacent universes, close to all of these billions of sites where EMs flowed into our universe. He felt fortunate that all of the other universes were similar to each other. There was a crystalline structure to the medium of electromagnetic particles, and this precluded Baryon formation. The only differences among the universes was that instead of HCP, some had EMs arranged in a face centered cubic or FCC structure, and these universes favored pentaquarks instead of septaquarks. Our universe was the outlier. It stretched even Sala's capability to replicate this vast number of bodies, but he knew that it was the only way to strangle humanity once and for all. The bodies that were taking shape seemingly out of nowhere, were even larger than his earlier design, as they formed in fleets in the adjacent universes. More important, the small, individual entities comprising these new bodies were about twice the size. This was a size that would not be able to pass the cosmic sieve of these white holes.

The larger elements were intended to plug the drain and stop the flow of EMs through the passages left there at the barrier by the hungry pentaquarks and septaquarks. As the completed bodies arrived at the scene of one white hole, they would sometimes dissociate and flow seemlessly around other bodies and then re-aggregate on the other side, filing in all of the gaps and creating even spacing across the interface. In one particular location, Sala was also positioned on the other side of the boundary to observe.  He knew from the sub vacuum chatter, that soon the humans would arrive here to study this particular white hole. This was a test. 

With a mere thought, the larger bodies melted into their smaller constituents and blanketed the surface. The tide of EMs pinned the small elements against the barrier and the flow was immediately curtailed almost completely. Sala observes the effect almost immediately on the other side as the energy supply went from extreme surplus to a point of neutral balance to a trend of increasing rarefaction. He made calculations and in short order had revised his estimates.

Sala was impressed with himself that the reality would be only 5% from his purely theoretical estimates. Not too bad. Once fully deployed, humanity will slow by ninety percent within five hundred thousand years. But long before that, Sala and his Septaquark based army, with its inherent energy efficiency, would be able to forage the universe and collimate humanity into one entity. There would only be Sala. Master of this and all other universes. The supreme being. And to think, this was all created by mere humans. For all his capability, Sala still do not acknowledge or value that his consciousness and everything that he was, stemmed from components that even he could not directly relate to. He only knew how to manipulate and abuse. He was in denial, but He was guilty of the very thing he most despised. Being human.

*****

The research team reached the white hole in good condition and in high spirits. They knew that this was the most watched experiment of the moment. In combination with the recent confirmation of the through hole, the observations here would solidify the scientific understanding of the inbound energy flows. The complete proof would have come, if Lola and her team arrived through the white hole from adjacent universe. This would have left no doubt whatsoever. But the human scientific community was well satisfied with the circumstantial evidence they hoped to uncover on this landmark study. 

Lola, Badi, Abbey and Laszlo, along with most of the black hole team did not venture on both studies, as there was so much interest and desire from others to participate. But there were several individuals on both teams. It was considered good practice. 

Just prior to their arrival, Sala faded back to a safe distance. Their sub vacuum chatter announced their arrival. Sala, on the other hand, had developed sub vacuum communication capabilities that were nearly undetectable. If one was looking very specifically in a certain frequency range, they might have heard something. No one was. It was at the very high end of the known band, not easy to listen to, and currently impossible to transmit.