Chapter 1 the letter

I knew I was not a normal boy. I could do crazy things with my mind like once when I was five I blew up a vase just by looking at it. Don't get me wrong, it comes in handy for the bullies. You see, I'm that puny little kid that always has the right answer. So when the bullies come I just focus on a spot on their for head and it suddenly hurts them as if by magic. Little did I know.

I woke up that morning ,on my 11th birthday, with all the excitement of the world. It was my birthday, who wouldn't? The warm aroma of cinnamon rolls wafted to my room. I jumped up, bolted down the stairs to find a small stack of already opened presents. "JOSEPH!" I screamed. My happiness was overcame by rage. "JEREMIAH!" he bellowed back at me. "DID YOU STEAL MY PRESENTS!?" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "No" he said in a futile voice, proving his guilt. I stormed up the stairs. I'm sure I looked like one of those guys on cartoons with smoke coming out of his ears. I reached the top and slammed into Joseph's locked bedroom door. I bellowed with rage. "Boom" the door exploded, and Joseph screamed like a little girl. His face was better than any gift I've ever received. His normally tan face was red with embarrassment. He was that popular kid that always had a girl at his side. I hated him. His jet black hair normally was spiked up but now it fell back in a sloppy mullet. He was three years older which meant he claimed almost everything in the house. He was captain of the football team, I was captain of them mathletes team. You could say we were exact opposites. "Give me my presents or I'll brake you like I did that door!" I said with fake confidence. He pointed to a stack of candies, clothes, and a black box. "THE GAMER 2001!" I yelped with joy! I had been dreaming of it for months. "Boys" mom called from downstairs. I grabbed my presents and bounced down the stairs happy as could be. "Yes mother" I called back. "You have a letter, Jeremiah," mom said, "from some place called hogwarts." I ripped it open with glee. I read it out loud to my family.
HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Minerva McGonagall
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Jeremiah Johnson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Headmaster

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory
by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions
by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

"You're a wizard!" My brother said in confusion. My family looked at me like an alien. "Obviously we are going to need to talk to this Minerva McGonagall person." My dad said to try to take control of the situation. Suddenly the fireplace erupted into green flame and a tall blonde man stepped out with dignity. His blonde hair was combed back in a slick way, as if to match his light skin. "I am professor Longbottom." He said. My brother giggled at his name. "Hilarious." he replied with a mocking tone. "I teach herbology at Hogwarts and am head of the Gryffindor house. I heard you needed assistance."he said this like he had spent some time memorizing this line "Yes," my dad replied finally working up the courage to say something to this mysterious British man. "Can you explain to us what this letter means?" "It is an acceptance letter from Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, the most prestigious wizarding school in all of England." He replied like he had said this a million times before. "W-W-were in America." My brother managed. "How unusual" he replied with growing interest, "It appears that Minerva is expanding her search area." "Isn't she the headmaster?" I inquired finally chipping into the conversation. "Very good, very good indeed. I'll assume he is the lucky recipient of the letter. Would you like me to help with the shopping?" He asked. "No thank you." my mother replied, obviously offended. She prided herself on never asking for help. "Well, you're going to need to get to Diagon Alley. Do you know where that is?" He asked. "Well, no but you can't expect me to know everything." my mother replied, loosing her confidence. "Well then, son you're going to have to come with me." He said. "M-M-me" I stammered. "Yes you. Come along now." He told me." Be at kings cross at the end of the year. We will send another owl." He commanded my parents. He then dragged me to the fireplace, took out some kind of green powder, threw it down and clearly said "Diagon Alley" as if his life depended on him pronouncing it right. I was engulfed in green flames and suddenly lifted off my feet and lurched forward like a roller coaster through space.