1-Explain Now

After declining Nicholas, I stayed with Tony and tried to have some normalcy in my life. Tony took back control of his company, and was trying his best to change it to what he would imagine it to be. With the help of Pepper and I, he was creating many new technologies, and was putting in place towers that would eventually be able to help create self sustaining energy from the help of his new element and the arc reactor technology. These towers he hoped would help generate more clean power for not only the country but the whole world. After a year of creating these towers, Tony was finally ready to put them to trial, by starting with the one in New York City where we currently were staying. Pepper and I were in the tower watching as Tony was putting the final touches on the reactor.

"Tony....Tony can you hear me?" I ask him.
"Loud and clear Aunt Willow" he replies to me.
"Okay let us know when you have the last piece in place" I tell him.
"Good to go on this end, the rest is up to you two" he replies after a few minutes.

"You disconnected the transmission lines? Are we off the grid?" Pepper asks as we are connected through his video screen right into his helmet.
"STARK Towers is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy " Tony replies to her as he starts to fly back to the tower.

"That's only assuming that the arc reactor takes over and this whole thing actually works" I remark as I start to go over the data on the tablet in my hand.
"I assume" he says to us, "Light her up" he then says and I press the button to turn the tower on.

"How's it look?" Pepper asks him.
"Like Christmas, but with more me" he tells us.
"We've got to go wider on the public awareness campaign; you need to do some press. I'm in DC tomorrow, I'm working on the zoning for the next three buildings" Pepper starts to tell him.

"Pepper, you're killing me. The moment, remember, enjoy the moment" Tony says.
"Get in here and I will" she tells him, and I just smile at the two of them.

Pepper and I wait for Tony to come back inside once he has landed back at the tower, "So you two have any romantic plans for tonight?" I ask Pepper, as I know they are gonna want to celebrate together.

"Not sure, hoping Tony takes me to a nice restaurant for once, where we aren't disturbed. You okay with us going out?" Pepper asks me.
"Of course I am, you and Tony need to stop worrying about me, I am happy being alone, I have you and Tony to keep me happy" I tell her as Tony then joins us in the room and I bring up the display of the power source on the screen.

"Levels are looking like they are steady" I tell him.
"Of course they are, I was directly involved" Tony says as he places a device on the table, "Which brings me to my next question, How does it feel to be a genius?" he asks the two of us.

"Well I really wouldn't know now would I" Pepper says to him.
"What do you mean? All this came from you" Tony tells her and I step back as I let the two of them have a moment. Watching them flirt with one another makes me smile at seeing Tony happy for once, but it also makes me upset which I never want to admit. I was starting to want what they had, but I felt like if I tried to find love I would be turning my back on Steve. I knew by know the chance of ever having him back in my life was not going to be possible, but I still kept that hope inside.