Chapter 3 - Such is Life

***ADVANCED CHAPTERS AVAILABLE ON INKITT. Right now (April 5, 2018), there are already 20 chapters up on Inkitt for FREE. I post chapters there as soon as I finish writing them.

Please read there if you want more chapters. Next update here on Wattpad will be on: April 12 (GMT + 8) ***

 Next update here on Wattpad will be on: April 12 (GMT + 8) ***

CHAPTER 3- SUCH IS LIFE

Berkeley School
New York City
The Same Day

-Aerith-

"Hey, freaks!" one of the jocks shouted. Claudine and I both jumped at the sudden noise. We were sitting in the bleachers as we waited for gym class to start. The quarterback of the school was the one who shouted and he was now staring at us. He flexed all of his muscles in an attempt to intimidate. It had the other girls swooning but it just made me feel disgusted.

"Fuck off, Bryan," Claudine said.

I pinched her arm slightly and motioned her to stop. These were not the people we were supposed to be messing with. And how right I was. Bryan's jock friends immediately surrounded Claudine and me and hauled us upright. Then they proceeded to drag us outside.

"Time for a little game," Bryan whispered in a menacing tone.

They brought us outside where all their friends stood waiting. They forced us to sit on a chair while the jocks held us in place with their arms like steel clamped around ours. I struggled but to no avail. I even tried kicking one of them on the shin but he was able to dodge it.

"This ought to do the trick," I heard a new voice say. It was none other than Sarah. I groaned when I saw that she held a bottle of black hair dye in her hand.

"Please don't!" I cried.

I already knew what happened with hair dyes.

I, myself, have tried it a bunch of times before. I tried to color my hair so it won't stand out as much with hopes that it would actually stop people from picking on me. But whatever artificial color I placed on my hair, the next time I took a bath, it was rinsed off as though it was nothing but shampoo and my hair was back to its usual color. Not even a trace of the dye existed.

Magic? Probably not. Maybe a weird genetic defect just like the color of my eyes.

"No, please!" I tried one last time.

Then, the perfect, pretty girls proceeded to pour the dye over my head. For Claudine, they poured orange juice all over her. Claudine shrieked at the top of her lungs but the other people in the gym just looked away as though nothing was happening. They were too afraid to cross these aesthetically perfect people who basically got away with everything.

The bell rang and they left us alone with huge smirks on their faces.

"I hate them," Claudine whispered. "One day, I'd make them pay," she hissed. She looked like she was about to cry and also murder someone at the same time.