Chapter 6

It was later the week and Maya was still acting weird.
Cory and Riley both have been going all ways trying to find out why she was acting like that but neither could come to a decision about why the young girl was acting like she did and it was also like Maya didn't bother to find out why either.
She was definitely acting strange and she knew it but it was like a personality change which she didn't want to get out off.

Friday came quicker than anyone could ever think and for a whole lot reasons it became clear that Maya did need help but from who not even she knows.
She was getting out of yet another detention which she was so sick of having when she saw a young teen boy in the shades of the trees.
She smiles as she walks towards him.

"What you doing here?" Maya asked as he looked up into her blue eyes.
"I was worried over you. I've heard that you haven't been acting quite..."
"Josh," Maya said causing him to chuckle.
"Okay, that was a definite lie. Cory called me. But I am worried about you," Josh said.
"I'm okay. You don't have to be worried. This thing with my dad just has to end," Maya said as they walked.

"I'm sure you are a bit sick of it. But doesn't that mean you get to do stuff you couldn't because of the stress?" Josh asked.
"They don't know and I would prefer to keep it that way. Cory doesn't need the stress. He is trying is raise two children and doesn't need to raise his History student as well. So could you keep it for yourself?" Maya asked.
"Okay. But only cause you asked. I can't believe I'm keeping a secret from my brother. Much about trust than secrets," Josh mumbered and Maya smiled.
"Thank you. I know you probably don't like it but I just really don't need him on my case right now," Maya said.
"Not a problem. At least I'm doing this for a good reason," Josh said.

~

The weekend came by and without any doubt Maya was at the Matthews.
She was a bit calmer than she was at school but Cory knew it was because Josh spoke to her.
Little did he know about what did the two young kids talk about.

"So, Maya. I'm I gonna have to get my brother in to do every thing when you're in a bad mood?" Cory asked.
"I don't have the strength for this, Matthews. And no. You don't have to call in your brother. I'm okay," Maya said.
"Did the detention do you good then?" Riley asked and Josh looked at his niece.
"Would you guys stop pestering her?" Josh asked as Maya gave him a smile.

The two of them were getting along pretty great but Maya was definitely unsure where they stood with each other.
Before everything she was very much a nervous wreck and now she has to somehow figure out what is next.

"Listen, me, Lucas and Farkle have spoken. We wanna do a time capsule like Dad did, Maya. You in?" Riley asked.
"Let's do it this afternoon," Maya said.
"Great. At the bakery six o'clock," Riley said.

~

"Okay, so what are everyone putting in?" Maya asked.
"Pluto for me. I hope when we open this I haven't stopped believing in things," Riley said as she put a orange ball in before Lucas takes out his transfer slip.
"It brought me to where I am now and it will help me to make the right decisions from here on," Lucas said as he put it back in.
"Your orange turtleneck," Riley said as Farkle held a shirt.
"I wore it when I felt like a nothing. When we open this I hope to finally see what I've made of myself," Farkle said as he put it back in.
"Maya?" Riley asked causing everyone to look at the one girl.

"You're gonna regret not doing it. Your parents, right? You want your mom and dad to get back together," Riley said.
"Okay, I'll do something. You guys have to go tho. Your parents and Shawn didn't know what the other put in and that's how I want it to be," Maya said and everyone left.

Maya picks up a picture that was taken at the subway during date night when she chaperones Riley and Lucas.
She smiles at the boy with a grin on his face before putting it into the chest and closing it again.

"Hope's for suckers," Maya said as she walked out of the bakery.