Chapter 10

"I can not believe you would do that," Riley said as she and Maya stormed into the apartment not even realizing that Cory and Josh were there.
"Riley, I did nothing," Maya said trying to calm her best friend down.
"Nothing? Tahts also what you said to me. How could you tell my uncle about your father and not..."
"It's not about my father! I needed to figure out why social services wanted to take me away. Not my father. How can you not see I tried to stop an uncomfortable situation?" Maya asked.

"Okay, enough," Cory said and Josh stood up.
"Yeah, your father is right. Riley she told me cause I was there. Nothing more," Josh said.
"Shut up, Josh," Riley said and Maya looked at her best friend.

"Okay. I'm going to leave you alone. Happy fourteenth. Hope you get what you want," Maya said as she left the apartment.
"Go to your room. Me and your mother will talk to you when she gets home. In the meantime I want your phone and computer," Cory said as Riley handed her phone to her father running to her room.
"I'm so sorry. That was the first and last time that she talks to you like that," Cory said.
"And Maya? How do you think she is feeling right now?" Josh asked as he left.