Chapter 11 - Vander

This lousy piece of shit just THREW AN OMEGA across the passageway.

I don't care how shocking and fucking unlucky the circumstances are—you purposefully hurt an Omega like that, and you deserve the pain I'm going to give you.

He's so fixated on the damage he's done that he doesn't even see me coming. He's still sitting on his ass, his arms extended as I ram my shoulder into his face, tackling him to the ground. His skull cracks against the concrete flooring inside the building. I ram my knee into his throat, pinning him to the unrelenting surface. My fist connects with his temple, and it wakes his training and instincts.

He flings his legs up, hooking his calves around my neck, ready to yank me backwards.

I draw my knife out of its sheath and throw my weight to the side. His leg hits the doorframe, and he hisses in pain. I line my blade up to the artery on the inside of his leg—if he tries to pull me backwards, he'll bleed out in seconds.

"Listen, you fucktard, and listen hard," I growl, my voice tight with dark menace.

Our muscles lock in battle, neither of us willing to admit defeat. My ragged breathing brings me air saturated with aggression.

"You fucking injure an Omega again and I'll castrate you. Then I'll fuck your ass with my knife. I'll make you beg for death. The normal torture shit will pale in comparison. You hear me?" I demand, flexing my fingers and digging the tip of my blade into his leg.

"She can't come with us. She can't be mine. She's already destroying us," he grinds out from compressed vocal cords.

"No, dickhead, you've done that," I spit the words at him, my anger making me see red.

I lean more weight onto my knee, and his breathing becomes stilted.

"Just keep her away from me," his plea cuts deep. I don't understand his reasoning, but a bone deep well of certain doom seeps into my soul, and I know it's an echo of what he's experiencing.

Leaning back, I lessen the pressure on his throat, and study his features, trying to understand. His sharp nose and high cheekbones already show signs of swelling and bruising. His fiery eyebrows convey a sternness that can only come from unfaltering belief. His flaming red hair sticks out in all directions, mussed from activity.

His deep green eyes hold a determination that's fitting for such a strong Alpha. He'll avoid her at almost any cost. I can see the anguish this will cause him, and I realize that his breath smells of her sweetest aroma.

I can't help it—I start full out cackling, reveling in the twisted turn of events. The irony is beautiful. No pain could surpass the torture this will put him through. This dumb bastard must have a need for misery.

He thinks he can sacrifice his soulmate for us—just turn away from his Omega and be a martyr for our unit. Like he can deny his connection with her, to uphold our team's integrity.

The delusional idiot.

Well, the mission just got a lot more interesting.