Chapter Thirty Four

Three updates in one day because the content is too *chefs kiss*

Thanks @zodiac_reads  for my new cover. This is for you ❤️❤️❤️
**************

I packed in a daze, my mind wandering and coming to its own conclusions about why Kody wanted to leave so suddenly.

I pushed all of my speculations away, not wanting to hype myself up. When I had my bag packed, Kody grabbed it settling it in the car and I took a quick shower. I changed into a nice casual dress and simple sandals. Finally I brushed through my hair and put it in a fishtail French braid.

Kody sent me a cute little smirk when I exited the bathroom and I rolled my eyes. "I don't want your dad to think I'm a bum." I mumbled explaining the dress.

His eyes trailed down the length of my dress. "You look real good Lewis. Maybe we should be a little late getting to my dad's."

I held up a hand, smiling now. "Don't come near me, Vincent. If you think I'm gonna do this braid again, you're sadly mistaken."

He chewed on his bottom lip, his eyes practically undressing me. "I won't mess up your hair."

I laughed, walking past him to grab my purse. "If you don't want me to back out of this whole thing you'd better come on."

He frowned, grabbing his keys and following me out of the door.

He sulked on the entire ride to his father's house, which gave me a chance to stress.

And that's exactly what I did.

By the time the short drive was over, I was regretting every decision I had ever made.

Like, in life.

Kody sent me a wide smile as he pulled into the driveway of a large modern looking house.

I'd been to Kody's house once before, but I had been entirely too drunk to take in any details.

This was different.

"Sin's mom lives next door but he'll be over here most of the time. His mom comes over for thanksgiving."

I nodded not really paying attention, but storing the information.

He chuckled, opening his door before quickly walking around the car to open mine. "Don't be nervous, my dad is going to love you."

He grabbed my hand and I tightened my hold on his as we headed to the front door.

Kody didn't even give me a chance to take a deep breath as he quickly rang the doorbell.

We were going with the bandaid method I guess.

The door was pulled open by a tall kid with floppy hair who I barely recognized as Kody's little brother Aiden.

He didn't look that much like the pictures I had seen of him.

His hair was dark-black I think- and curly, falling around his face. He was tall, about an inch taller than Kody.

He would have been lanky if not for the lean muscles he sported and he was very handsome. I didn't miss the small dark bruise under his right eye. Still, I would rather meet the brother than the father.

I smiled, relaxing a bit.

"Don't you have your key, anymore?" Was the first thing he said in a surprisingly deep voice. He let go of the door knob crossing his arms.

Kody rolled his eyes, pulling me inside of the spacious house. "Is that anyway to talk to your favorite brother?"

Aiden smirked. "He's just trying to impress you, we don't get along that well." He said to me his eyes shining with humor.

I pulled my hand out of Kody's, wiping it on my dress before offering it to him. "I've heard all kind of endearing stories about his baby brother." I said laughing when he frowned at the term.

Kody slung his arm around my shoulders as Aiden gave my hand a firm shake.

"Ezra." I said, not wanting to be too formal with a kid.

Aiden smiled. "Aiden. Do you know what is is?"

He nodded his head towards my stomach and I laughed at his bluntness.

"Not yet, we find out next Wednesday."

At this news Kody pulled me closer to him, his eyebrow raised. "Do we?"

I sighed, feeling my will drift away. "Maybe." I mumbled.

Aiden's smile was wide, "Man, this is crazy. I'm surprised dad didn't murder you Kody. Making him a grandfather at his age."

Kody stiffened before releasing me. "Where is dad anyways?"

Aiden shrugged, "He went to go pick up a cheesecake for dinner tomorrow. Rory's flying in tomorrow and he wants to spoil her."

I was actually very excited to see Rory again. She was kind of addictive to be around. She was just so innocent about everything in life.

Now Aiden frowned and his eyes darkened. I finally saw the resemblance between him and his brother. "You know Ian's back. Just for the weekend."

Kody's eyes darkened as well and I could tell he hadn't know about that specific information.

I knew a little bit about Ian. He was basically Rory's ex (kind of. Not really in my opinion.) and they hadn't parted on good terms.

"How do you know?" Kody asked as he led me up the stairs.

Aiden followed behind us, talking quickly and quietly. "His little brother Angel's a freshman. He told me. I guess his dad wanted dad to know there would be no problems."

Kody's fist were clinched. "We'll see."

He showed me to a average sized room with a nice queen bed pushed into one corner and a dresser pushed into another. He sat my bag on the bed. "My dad said you can have the guest room. Sin's going to sleep at his house."

I held back a comment I wanted to make. "Okay. Are we not going to ask what happened to Aiden's face?"

Kody smiled. "He's a Vincent. We just ask how the other guy looks."

Aiden rolled his eyes again. "He's trying to impress you again." He tapped his finger to his eye and his expression changed quickly.

Before I could read his features he was smiling again. "Just a little disagreement between friends." He said before leaving the room.

When he was gone, Kody shut the door tugging at the end of my braid. "Okay, I know what your going to say but my dads gone. If there was ever a time to-"

I held up a hand stopping him in his tracks. "Your dad is going to be here any minute." I explained even as his fingers went to toy with the neckline of my dress.

"He's very picky about his cheesecake." He said in a low voice, his lips at my ear.

"Your brother is in the house." I mumbled. My resolve was slipping and I couldn't remember why I didn't want to have sex in the first place.

Was it really because I didn't want to mess my hair up?

"His room is on the other side of the house."

My arms went around his neck, pulling him to me even as I tried to reason with myself. "Kody, it's your fathers house. I don't want him to hate me."

That was the bottom line. My situation was going fairly well for me and Kody's father hating me would ruin all of that.

Kody pulled me back, his hands circling my waist possesively. "He's going to love you Ezra. And even if he doesn't- it doesn't matter."

His hand snaked up gripping the end of my braid and tugging so that my eyes met his. "It doesn't matter." He said again before connecting our lips.

And I knew exactly what he meant.