Simple Solutions

„Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mambo No. 5...", he said sang deeply, with a dark voice.
Leon tried to plugg his ears with two fingers. "Will you please, PLEASE, shut up, Kilgarrah?"

"You just taught me this song. I love it.
1 – 2 – 3, 4 , 5 – everybody in the car so come on let's ride ..."
Kilgarrah's long neck was tilting from side to side as he sang this annoying song that Leon did NOT teach him. Thank you very much.
How was it that Leon was always stuck with the idiots?

First he travels with the king of Camelot and the group of the drunken table and one day later he has to eat rats and listen to ridiculous songs of a man sized lizard.
Who was still growing. This was a child dragon! Leon was the baby sitter – of a freaking dragon!

It's tail was tapping the ground in a beat that fitted his stupid song.

"How on earth are you the dragon that will riddle Merlin to death?!", he mumbled to himself.
He had taught Kilgarrah most of what happened in the future and how he got here, as soon as Kilgarrah was hatched.

Admittedly, a dragon birth was a beautiful thing. With how those dragon lords had all gathered around this little thing and watched as Danton had given Kilgarrah his name.
Kilgarrah meant "Kindness". That's what Danton had told Leon. Who had slowly, over the centuries, become close with the dragon lord folk.
Simply, because he had been searching for Kilgarrah, to ask him what all this time traveling meant.

Never had he imagined, he would end up in a time, when Kilgarrah wasn't even born yet. How on earth was this the wise dragon who could explain – literally anything to him.
This was beginning to look like an endless journey.

"Just how long until the once and future king is born again?", Leon muttered to himself, as he and Kilgarrah traveled around with Danton to help protect farmers.
After all, Leon was still a knight through and through. It was kind of a shame he was no dragon lord. Their purpose was literally building and protecting this country from – well – bandits, barbarians, some occasional evil sorcerers.

In the beginning, Leon had been scared of every sorcerer he had crossed. Now it was normal for him to see farmers grow crops with magic. Healers used it to cure illnesses,
The land was flourishing. In a way that Leon had never seen it in his own time. Not under Uther, not yet under Arthur.
The worst part, really, was traveling with a dragon who was obsessed with futuristic music, that shouldn't exist in either of their times.

Well, it was a fact that Kilgarrah kept talking to that crystal cave prophet guy who appeared throughout all times in and out of the crystal cave and taught him weird shit. At random. For no other reason than to annoy Leon. Somehow, the guy didn't like him.
Leon never knew why. He swore to make sure nobody else would ever go into the crystal cave and out on their own terms. NEVER again.

What the hell were memes anyway?

Leon, Danton and Kilgarrah decided to make camp. Near the crystal cave, in the valley of the fallen kings. That – not yet – deserved it's name.

"Danton, I must ask you this question. What do you know about the crystal Cave?", Leon finally asked and used a salve to cream his newest wound. Baby Wyverns. Horrible little creatures. Had a fascination for eyeballs. Tried to gouge it out his skull with it's tiny claws.

Good thing Danton had helped him, or else he might be blind for the rest of his apparently immortal life.
Getting his eye repaired was not an option, unfortunately. Not because magic couldn't heal his eye, but because the magic was bound to Leon's life, rejected any form of outside magic.
He was RADIATING magic now. Other than his youth and life, it wouldn't help his wounds more than a normal immune system would. Maybe it healed faster, but not better. And it definitely didn't replace his eyeballs.