❄ Chapter 15 ❄

As the five guardians made it through the portal, they appeared at the Tooth Palace. Everywhere around them were nightmares screeching.

"...What?"

North was very confused as he cranked the reins again. Nixie looked around her in disbelieve as they had to dodge the multiple nightmares.

Sandy made a sand umbrella in order to protect himself from the nightmares.

"Jack watch out!" Nixie yelled. "Woah!" Jack ducked to dodge one of the nightmares that was coming in his direction. At that moment Nixie and Jack realized something as they looked at one of the nightmares.

The nightmares were smuggling the tooth fairies inside their bodies, locking them in their belly.

"They're taking the tooth fairies!" Jack yelled. As one of the nightmares was chasing one tooth fairy, Jack shot upwards in order to save it. Nixie saw what he was doing and shot an enchanted arrow at the creature, the arrow ended up in his face as it whinnied. The creature was disoriented as Jack took the fairy and made his way back into the sleigh.

"Hey little baby Tooth, you okay?" Jack asked as he opened up his hand. Nixie was sitting right beside him as she saw the fairy lying in his hands. The fairy chittered to Jack in order to say that she was fine. Nixie felt pity for Tooth, this was just the beginning of the end.

"That was very brave of you, Jack." Nixie smiled at him as he returned it. She placed a hand on his shoulder. This caused a familiar feeling to Jack, as if he had experienced it before.

"Thanks... for the shot, it wouldn't have worked without you." Nixie felt her cheeks redden as a genuine smile appeared on her face, creating dimples on her cheeks.

The sleigh made its way through the Tooth Palace. They were searching for something, anything that could lead to the cause of this. It was definitely Pitch, Nixie just knew.

They spotted a nightmare and North decided that it was a good plan to follow it, the sleigh made some sharp turns in order to keep up with the creature.

Jack made his way to the front of the sleigh, he wanted to have a better look at the nightmare. North on the other hand had other plans.

"Here, take over!"

Jack was confused as he mumbled a; "Huh." But not a second later he took the reins before cranking them to increase some speed. North was standing on the head of the sleigh as he took out his swords. He started to swing them at the nightmare, but he missed unfortunately.

Nixie was grabbing her bow and an arrow before taking aim at the beast. She let the arrow go, it flew in the air before hitting the bullseye which was the head of the creature. It broke apart into a puddle of black sand into the sleigh, some tooth boxes flew out of its belly onto the ground next to Bunny's feet.

"Good work, N!" North yelled from the front. Nixie looked victoriously at him while still holding her bow and arrows.

Bunny picked one of the tooth boxes as the realization hit him. "They're stealing teeth!"

Sandy on the other hand was busy with experimenting the black sand that had landed on his arm, a confused expression on his face. He showed the sand to Nixie and Bunny but both of them shrugged their shoulders, indicating that they didn't know where it came from.

Jack was distracted as he looked at the other guardians in the back.

"Jack, look out!" North's demanding voice brought his focus back as they almost crashed into the palace.

After some sharp turns, Jack managed to land the sleigh in a roughly manner onto one of the spire levels of the Tooth Palace. All the five guardians fell backwards as the sleigh halted.

Tooth was panicking as she flew around, gasping in the process as she saw that all her tooth fairies where gone.

"Tooth! Are you alright?!" North yelled to her as all the other guardians made their way out of the sleigh.

"They- they took my fairies, and the teeth, all of them. Everything is gone. Everything..." She descended to the ground as she sat on her knees. A look of disbelief on her face. The rest of the guardians with Jack as an exception where standing around her.

Nixie was patting her back while kneeling beside her, her bow hanging diagonally around her body as her quiver with arrows was leaning on her back.

"Tooth, we're gonna fix this, mark my words." The platinum haired teenager said with a serious expression on her face.

"At least Jack and Nixie managed to save one of them." North said proudly while holding his swords as he saw the face of Tooth lighten up.

The baby tooth appeared behind Jack's shoulder as she flew excitedly to Tooth. She couldn't be happier that at least one of her fairies was alright.

"Ah! Oh thanks goodness, one of you is alright." She was holding the baby fairy in her hands.

"I have to say... this is very, very exciting." A dark and loud voice could be heard booming through the Tooth Palace. Pitch's voice to be exact, Nixie her belly feelings were right this whole time. The guardians stood ready to fight if Pitch showed himself.

"The Big Five, all in one place. I'm a little starstruck. Did you like my show on the Globe, North, Nixie? Gotcha all together, didn't I?" Pitch continued. He appeared above them, standing a level higher than them as he calmly spoke.

Nixie her blood started to boil as the sound of Pitch's voice echoed through the space. She was holding her bow with an arrow in it, ready to shoot at his ugly face.

"Argh!" North was very frustrated with him already but, the one who was blazing with anger was Tooth. Her hands balled up into fists.

"Pitch! You have got thirty seconds to return my fairies- "She shot up into the air, trying to get him but he disappeared. Pitch cut her off.

He appeared on another spire level on their right side, "Or what? You'll stick a quarter under my pillow?" He said as he made mocking hand gestures as if he was scared.

"Why are you doing this?" North lifted one hand up with a sword in it.

"Maybe, I want what you have. To be believed in!" Pitch pointed at the guardians, both Nixie and Jack looked very uncomfortable as they had the same problem as Pitch on this case.

"Maybe I'm tired of hiding under beds!"

Bunny started to walk to the front as he couldn't keep his anger anymore. "Maybe that's where you belong!"

Pitch appeared on the underside of the spire level where everybody was standing on, except for Tooth and Jack. "Tah! Go suck an egg, rabbit." Nixie was kind of impressed of how calm he was while threating so many people. Bunny on the other hand was aiming to punch him in the face. 

Her blood was boiling as she simultaneously shot an arrow, aiming for his head. Before the arrow could hit him, he vanished. Only a shadow visible on the underside. The teenager thought it was devastating to see the other guardians like this. North got one of Bunny hind legs in order to measure him not to fall.

"Missed, Mother Nature. Just like last time."