❄ Chapter 18 ❄

"We had everyone's here. Yours too." Tooth finished as she placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. Nixie stood on Jack's left side as she as well watched the mural.

Jack was again confused as he looked at both women on his sides.

"I- My memories?"

Nixie looked with an uncertain expression on her face to Tooth who was just as confused as she was. She played with her little silver rings on both of her ears as Tooth started to talk to Jack. "From when you were young. Before you became Jack Frost." Furrowing his eyebrows, he took some steps backwards. Half of the lake was frozen as a tangled mess of vines covered a part too. "But, I-I wasn't anyone before I was Jack Frost." 

This was a weird coincidence, Jack and Nixie where the only ones who couldn't remember their past lives before they became guardians. "Of course, you were. We were all someone before we were chosen."

"What?" The realization hit him hard as he looked kind of panicked.

"So... you mean that you can't remember it either?" Nixie looked at him with a serious expression on her face, her lips slightly parted. "No..." Jack shrugged his shoulders. 

"Tooth? How could it be that both Jack and me can't remember our past lives while you guys know everything?" She lifted her eyebrow as she touched her silver rings on her fingers.

Tooth shook her head, indicating that she had sincerely no idea.

"Maybe Manny didn't want you guys to know." North said.

"You should have seen Bunny!" North added while giggling as Nixie couldn't keep her giggles either as she remembered the image of Bunny before he transformed. "Hey I told you to never mention that!" Bunny said to his Russian companion with a pointed finger. He definitely wouldn't wanted to ruin his reputation as a 'badass'.

"Don't worry pal, I promise to take the image to my grave." Nixie mocked her best friend as she lifted two fingers as if she was swearing an oath.

"She knows?!" Bunny looked offended to both North and Tooth while crossing his arms. Something came to his mind as his face changed, he had to ask Nixie what was going on with her.

Tooth giggled before she turned her attention again to Jack.

Jack began to rumble words and words as if something clicked inside in his head, like a puzzle that he couldn't solve at first but now he could. "The night at the pond when I met Nixie for the first time," North looked at Nixie with a surprised look as her cheeks started to redden again.

"I just... Why I assumed... Are you saying, are you saying I had a life? Before that, w- I- with a, with a home? And- and a family?" He was getting really exited in the progress.

"You really don't remember?" Tooth looked just as confused to Jack as she did with Nixie a long time ago.

"All these years the answers were right here... If I find my memories, then I'll know why I'm here. Ya have to show me!"  He started to fly around.

"I-I can't, Jack. Pitch has them." Tooth answered. The platinum haired teenager looked at Jack as he stopped in mid-air, landing on a rock as he crouched. "Then we have to get them back!" He pointed his stick at Tooth.

"Jack! Sometimes memories aren't a solution, maybe there are things that happened in your past life that you wish that hadn't happened." A sad look formed on Nixie her heart shaped face as she looked him dead in the eye. "Maybe there is a reason that we specifically are made without memories... Trust me when I say that if I have to make the decision again, I wouldn't risk the chance." She shook her head. "I would take a second to think about your decision first."