51

***

My waves wouldn't dip back then

Everything sucked back then

We were friends

***

Maya opens her eyes and looks around the hotel room. it doesn't take long for her to realize that her arms are wrapped around Timothée's waist with his back against her chest.

She wants to reach over and check the time Maya fears that removing Timothée from her arms would wake him up.

After laying in bed for another 20 minutes Maya decides that she has no other choice but to remove her arms from around his waist.

Once she removes them she rolls over to the other side of the bed to find her phone since there weren't any clocks in the bedroom.

As she reaches for her phone to check the time, he begins moving in his sleep. "What time is it?" he mumbles, his voice is still deep and sounds muffled due to just waking up.

"It's 8 am, we need to get ready and leave so we can do something today." Maya looks down at her phone again before placing it back onto the nightstand.

Timothée sits up with his elbows resting on the bed for support. Watching Maya struggle to get back on the bed due to the nightstand being too far from the bed.

Before she can hit the floor Timothée grabs her by the waist with both of his arms. Maya yelps at the sudden movement, she was expecting the cold floor to smack her.

He pulls her back up onto the bed. Maya lets out a sigh of relief. She leans her head against his bare chest while his arms are still wrapped around her waist.

Timothée pulls his arms away. Can I kiss you?" He asks. "Morning breath." Maya shakes her head. He looks at her before groaning and throwing his back down dramatically on the bed.

"You're so dramatic." She laughs.

"I am definitely not, Its not a big deal." Timothée rolls his eyes playfully before puckering his lips. Maya stares at him before laying back down.

"My lips are getting tired, you know?" He struggles to say due to his lips still being puckered.

"Get used to it, you are not getting a kiss until we both brush our teeth," Maya tells him.

Timothée moves the messy hair away from Maya's forehead and kisses it. She smiles and looks up at him as he placed the kiss onto her forehead.

When he pulls away they both lay on the bed with her head resting on his left shoulder.

They lay in silence for a few more minutes until she gets up first and makes her way towards the bathroom to shower.

Once inside the bathroom, Maya turns on the shower.

While waiting for the water to heat up she stares at herself in the bathroom mirror. She could not believe that she was actually in Italy. A place she had been dreaming of visiting for the past 10 years of her life.

She remembers vividly the collage she made in 7th grade on why her parents should take her to Italy for her birthday.

It never happened, but now that she looks back it. Maya's grateful she never went, if not she would have never got to experience it with Timothèe.

Her life has changed in so many ways in a little less than a year.

Maya was getting ready to graduate college in a few months, in a relationship with someone she adores and has made new friends.