Ghost

"Should I go up to him?" I asked Ice with a worried tone. "You heard the man Sofia, he said two hours" Ice voiced warningly before searching through the fridge and cabinets for food. "Ooh cookies" He grinned, grabbing the packet and placing them on the table. As I took a cookie, Ice's phone rang.

"Yeah, it's Ice, what's up?" He muttered into the phone while picking up a cookie. I watched the colour drain from Ice's face, making him look like a ghost. The cookie dropped from his hand to the floor as he listened to the person on the phone. "You're fucking joking" Ice spat into the phone. His tone changed from shocked to angry in seconds. "Fucking dumbass recruits" Ice hurler his phone across the room in a fit of anger.

I was afraid to say anything so I just there, staring at Ice with widened eyes. "What happened?" I finally chirped up after Ice took a few breaths.

"You know those stupid little recruits we were training" Ice snarled while clenching his fists. "They stole two million worth of stocks, two fucking million" he shouted aggravated due to the whole situation. "How did they even-" I cut myself off because I didn't want to be shouted out. "What are stocks?" I asked confused.

Ice turned to me and gave me the most judgemental stare I have ever gotten. "You're with a fucking Mafia leader and you don't know what stocks are?" Ice's eyes widened when he realised I wasn't joking. ".....no" I uttered quietly, trying to not to laugh at the insane expression on his face. Ice stayed silent before taking a deep breath in. "Stocks are drugs Sofia" he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ohhhh" I replied, really struggling not to laugh at my stupidity.

"You need to go calm him down before he goes on one of his famous 'killing spree's'" he rolled his eyes. "They're famous?" I questioned with a shocked tone. "No it was sarcasm Sofia, now go" Ice demanded after glaring viciously at me.

I left the room and headed up towards Ace's bedroom. Would he be in his office? Or his bedroom?. I'll try the bedroom, I feel like the office would be too much for him to handle.

The door was shut so I knew he was in his bedroom. I was scared to talk to him since I knew he would be very angry but he's my boyfriend so he has to listen to what I have to say; Plus I am his future wife after all.

I rolled up the sleeve and knocked on the door lightly. He didn't respond as usual. I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Ace Thiago Hernandez, open this door right now" I demanded harshly. "No" he grumbled loudly so that I could hear it through the door.

"Right now Ace!" I put my hand on the doorknob. After a moment, I heard a click that signalled that he unlocked the door. I waited a minute before walking in.

When I opened the door, which let out a small creek, I saw Ace sitting on the edge of our bed with his head in his hands. His elbows were resting on his knees and he looked exhausted as usual. He was wearing his suit but had loosened his tie ever so slightly and unbuttoned the first button on his shirt; He even had his shoes on. I could also see his chain around his neck. He never takes that thing off. My bracelet was sitting on the nightstand next to him because I didn't like wearing it while I slept.

The room was dim and dark due to the heavy curtains being shut and the only thing really visible was a candle he had lighted, probably moments before I had come up. I think he preferred to be in the darkness, I believe he finds it more....calming.

"Two million, two fucking million" he growled, sending his watch flying across the room.

"Ace, it's money, at the end of the day you have more than you need. A lot of those kids come from families who have nothing and I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I don't think you should be as angry about it as you are" I mumbled as I approached him.

"You don't get it, I took those kids in, I made them my own, I let them run with the big dogs, they owed me more than their lives but what do I get in return, two million worth of stocks stolen. And okay then, let's forget the fact that they stole, my fucking guards didn't do their job. They thought it was completely fine to let 3 sixteen year olds take a fucking truck filled with drugs" Ace shouted frustratedly while glaring at me with his eyes full of hate.

I just blinked at him for a while after he finished shouting. "I guess you're right, it's your business and your way of earning money, at the end of the day, if recruits can steal it from under you, I don't see why anyone else can't" I agreed, sitting next to him. He opened his palm, letting me draw circles around his hand.

"I just don't like to see you angry" I muttered as I sat next to him, grabbing his exhausted stare. He took my hand and made me stand before he let out a sigh. His hands instinctively placed themselves on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"This is too much to think about, I have a headache" he grumbled, resting his head on my shoulder. I grabbed his face with my hands gently and forced him to stare at me. I planted a kiss on his forehead, before leaning my forehead against his.

"Our kids better not get into this much trouble" Ace replied with a certain vulnerability in his voice.