PART TWELVE

Sorry I didn't update for a few days...things got a little busier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     I'm pretty sure Gally is in the Med Hut, so I make Newt wait by the door.
     I go inside and ask Jeff for a damp washcloth. He gives it to me and I thank him then meet Newt outside.
     "Hold still," I order, beginning to clean the blood off his face. He doesn't make eye contact with me, which I consider to be a good thing; it might mean he feels bad for what he did.
     We go to the kitchen, where I put the bloody washcloth onto the dirty laundry pile and try to wash Newt's blood off my hands.
     After stopping by the kitchen to tell Fry I'll be back in a few minutes, I drag Newt to the Homestead and make him get a new shirt.
     While he's changing, I stand with my back to him, arms folded.
     He finishes and says, "You know I'll have to go to the Pit tonight, right?"
     I slowly turn back around. "Yeah." As soon as the Runners get back, though, I plan on telling Thomas the whole story. "I should get back to work now."
     "Okay," he replies. "I guess I'll see you at supper then?"
     I nod and walk out of the room.
~~~~
Frypan and I are preparing to serve supper when I hear the Doors start to close.
I tell him I need to talk to Thomas about something then rush out of the kitchen before he can ask what about.
I spot Thomas walking with Minho across the Glade and run over to them.
"Thomas, I need to talk to you," I say upon reaching them, trying not to sound winded.
"Okay," he replies, waving for Minho to go on without him then turning to me. "What's this about?"
"About the reason why Newt and Gally got into a fight today." Thomas's eyebrows raise as I pause to take a deep breath. "This morning, Gally knocked on my door and I told him to come in, but I didn't actually know who it was. You see, he'd say that technically he didn't break any rules since I gave him 'permission' to go into my room, but that's not the whole truth.
"When I saw that it was him, I told him to go away; he ignored me. He didn't necessarily hurt me, but..." I hold out my wrists for Thomas to see. He furrows his eyebrows, examining the faded red that still hasn't completely disappeared. "He did it because I tried to slap him after he...said some pretty insulting things.
"I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but at breakfast Newt made me tell him what happened. I did, and didn't think much of it, until I was doing laundry by the creek and heard them arguing in the woods.
"I ran up to them just when Newt punched him and they started all-out fighting. Neither of them let up until I screamed for them to stop."
I sigh. "I won't lie; I'm a little glad Newt did it, because Gally kind of deserved it. But it wasn't right, and I told Newt as much afterwards. I wanted to tell you everything before either of them got to you; I'm the one they're fighting about, so take it from me."
Thomas looks pensive for a moment then replies, "Well, based on your story, what Newt did was reasonable. I would expect nothing less from him, considering it's you their fight was about."
     That's the second time he's said something like that, but he continues before I have time to ask him to explain himself.
"Rules are rules, though, so he'll have to spend the night in the Pit. Since Gally technically acted out of self-defense," Thomas says, gesturing regretfully to my wrists, "he won't be punished, even though he probably should be."
     "It wasn't that bad," I say, shrugging as casually as possible. "I'm fine."
     "Well, don't worry about any of this; by tomorrow morning, none of it will even matter anymore."
     I smile and thank him, then remember that I have to get back before supper starts. "I gotta go," I say quickly.
     "Alright. See you later," he replies.
     Then we go our separate ways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to those of you who are still faithfully reading this!!!!!💜💜💜💜💜