Chapter 2: A new friend?

Stepping into Totsuki, I adjusted the strap on my backpack first before I started to walk towards the humongous school. Honestly, does this event count as **A** school? It's literally like, 10 schools combined with one another. The carpark and garden included.

'Jeez, I get that this school wants to flaunt their money, but why is the damn pathway to the Main Entrance so damn long?!' I brooded.

'Hm?'

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didnt mean to kick your seat."

I stopped in my tracks, tilting my body as I heard the panicked voice of someone apologising profusely.

"No need to apologise. You're also applying for a transfer right?" A soft voice floated over. A young man with neatly styled and trimmed hair responded, giving the guy who had kicked the bench a close-eyed, almost angelic smile.

'How sweet, what a gentleman!' I smiled dreamily, my heart eyes popping out of my eye sockets.

"Take a seat will you?" He invited.

"Ouh." The other boy said, hesitantly sitting down beside him.

"With high school qualifying exam results being announced for Totsuki's junior high students, and exams being held for people like us hoping to transfer in, things are pretty lively today." The gentleman stated, sipping his cup of piping hot tea like a refined lady, as he slung an arm over the bench.

"I'm Nikaido Yoshiaki. My family runs a French restaurant." He introduced.

"Ohhh? What a coincidence! Mine runs a restaurant too." The other boy said.

I noticed that this boy had a special appearance. He had spiky, bright red hair, with a nice pair of yellow eyes. What made his appearance stand out the most was definitely his hair and the vertical scar on his left eyebrow.

'That guy doesn't feel like any of the rich kids here." I noted, my eyes transfixed on the mischievous grin on his face.

It definitely isn't rude to stare at someone. Yep, also definitely not rude to eavesdrop on someone's conversation. 'Wait, is this even considered as eavesdropping? I mean, they're having a conversation in the open..' I sweatdropped. Did I mention that I have slight anxiety? And I can worry too much about small matters sometimes?

"That may not be such a coincidence" He glanced at the bench across, "the guy over there's their heir to a national restaurant chain." He pointed to the bench next to him, "and that one's family runs a seafood wholesale business that supplies the entire Kanto region. Almost everyone here has a cooking industry pedigree of some sort." He pointed out, still cheerful as ever.

"Ohhh." He awed in interest.

"What's your place's name?" The brown haired asked politely.

"Oh, Yukihira." The red haired boy responded, pride glowing from him.

"Yukihira... a traditional Japanese restaurant then?"

"Haha! Oh, we're not that high-brow. We're a diner downtown...-"

'Smack!'

I snapped out of my thoughts hearing that.

I looked over at what I thought was the pair of friends, only to see the red haired boy flying through the air as the brown haired one kicked him off the bench.

"How dare you sit next to me, you low- class commoner!" An aura of disgust around him as he yelled at the fallen guy. He furiously brushed off the imaginary dust on his clothing while he instructed his butlers to disinfect the area immediately. He stood up, a jeering look on his twisted face.